MC65 Operating System BSP 4.47.02 - Hotfix CFE 1.0 Release Notes: Host Mode Error
SPR26507 MC65 RevC “gets Host Mode Error using device in 4 slot Ethernet cradle”.
When the USB client drains over 300mA from the MC65, a dialog window with the error "Excessive Host Mode Current Threshold Exceeded" gets displayed on the touch screen. Users would need to reinsert the device into the cradle to recover from the issue. The cab file provided in this posting will help recover the device without having to reinsert the MC65 into the cradle. When issue occurs, and the user closes the dialog window, the device will recover automatically.
This software release has been approved for use with the following Zebra devices.
Windows mobile 6.5
MC65, BSP version: 04.47.02 or earlier
For NORMAL installation of the PATCH:
1. Copy “SPR26507_MC65_W65_en_034404_v 1_0_WB.cab” file to application folder on the device by using Microsoft Active Sync or Mobile Device Center.
2. Navigate on the device to the application folder.
3. Deploy the solution by tapping on the "SPR26507_MC65_W65_en_034404_v 1_0_WB.cab" file.
4. After successful deployment of the "SPR26507_MC65_W65_en_034404_v 1_0_WB.cab" file, device will do an automatic warm boot.
For MSP or REMOTE installation of the PATCH:
1. Set up MDM (MSP, Soti, Airwatch, etc..) to send “SPR26507_MC65_W65_en_034404_v 1_0_NB.cab” file to the application folder of the device.
2. To deploy the solution, setup in MDM to programmatically install the cab file “SPR26507_MC65_W65_en_034404_v 1_0_NB.cab” file.
3. Changes will take effect after a manual reboot of the terminal or if MDM reboots device.
Part Number and Release Date