MC67NA Base Operating System v02.57.04 - WEHH 6.5 Professional Release Notes
Give your field workforce all the tools they need to work faster and smarter with the rugged 4G HSPA+ MC67NA Base. What can workers do with the MC67NA Base? Everything they need to get the job done. Access information in almost any backend system. Scan practically any bar code. Call a customer with an updated arrival window. Capture documents to enrich business intelligence and simplify recordkeeping. Take and send video and photos for real-time repair support. All at 4G HSPA+ speed. So whether your mobile workforce is fixing equipment, making deliveries, taking orders, performing inspections or issuing citations, they’ll have all the tools they need to improve task efficiency, task accuracy and customer service, all in a single super-rugged device.
Update Loader Image 02.57.04 contains the Software required to update an MC67NA Base device to the Rev B software release.
- WEHH 6.5 Professional AKU 29366 (184.108.40.206)
- FPGA ver. 2.19
General Enhancements in 02.57.04:
· Fusion Software X_2.03.0.0.014R
· EA 2.57
· RIL 02.06.0.4
· WAN Firmware 03.320 ARN 01.000.06
· DataWedge 3.7.16
· StoneStreet BT Ver 2.1.1 Build 28342
· Included Updated emscript/CaptureDump
· SOTI MobiStage client version v12.1.0 (Build-1026)
· Support for AMI306M e-compass sensor
· SPR27607 - Resolved an issue where by RS507 experiences a "3-sec delay" in scanning after 100+ scans
· SPR 28674 - Added support for populating registry entry for IMEI/MEID on MC67 device
· SPR 28853 - Resolved an issue wherein MC67 device was sending wrong key values when using numeric keypad.
· SPR 28004 - Disabled orange/blue LEDs on MC67 DSD keypad devices.
· SPR 23768 - Resolved an issue where inconsistent charging was observed on MC67 device.
· SPR 27938 - Resolved an issue where camera settings are not persistent after warm/cold boot
· SPR 30040 - Resolved an issue where devices freezing was observed when using some customer application along with appcenter and SOTI
· SPR 26114/SPR 27871 - Resolved an issue where bluetooth radio takes more than 40 seconds to re-cycle after battery swap
· SPR 29422 - Resolved an issue where VCD5500-1001R will cause MC67device to "fast blink" and fails to charge
· SPR 30276 - Resolved an issue where imager illumination is on when LampOn property is set to False in MC67 device
· SPR 28965 - Resolved an issue where backlight can't be turned on during some specific scenarios
· SPR 28381 - Resolved an issue wherein volume gain was not set correctly
· SPR 28105 - Resolved an issue where "PowerKey Action" window was not shown when some applications are running in full screen mode
· SPR 29002/SPR 28606- Resolved an issue where probe request contains incorrect channel information that prevents some of the hotspots/APs from sending probe response
- 67NAw65HenZP025704.zip - There are 2 packages included in a ZIP file - Partition Table & FPGA as one package and OS package along with instructions
- 67NAw65HenAB025704.zip - A package file for OS package, WAN Firmware and Audio update deployment using AirBeam. Package includes the Upload instructions for MSP installation.
This software release has been approved for use with the following Zebra devices.
Microsoft WEHH 6.5 Professional
MC67NA device must contain a released version of Microsoft WEHH 6.5 Professional
Update Loader Package:
Standard Update Procedure -Device is cleaned of all persistent storage data. use this to update your device to a newer version of the OS.
1. Download the Update Loader Package 67NAw65HenZP052704.zip
2. Unzip the contents of 67NAw65HenZP025704.zip, after extraction 2 files are available 67NAw65XenPT010400.zip, 67NAw65HenUL025704.zip
3. Unzip each packages & install in the order 67NAw65XenPT010400.zip, 67NAw65HenUL025704.zip
a. Copy all files into either the \Temp folder on the device or at the root directory of a Storage Card.
b. If the contents are copied to SD card then place the SD card in the device to be upgraded.
c. Place the device to be upgrade on an A/C power.
d. Navigate to the SD Card or \Temp folder and invoke the program STARTUPDLDR.EXE.
e. The update will take about 5 minutes to complete. Please do not remove the device from A/C power during this time.
f. Once the download completes and the system reboots, the update is complete and the device is ready for use.
4. For detailed instructions please see "INSTRUCTIONS.TXT" which is part of 67NAw65HenZP025704.zip
Standard Update Procedure - This method erases all data in the Persistent storage of the device.
1. Download the Airbeam OSUpdate Package 67NAw65HenAB025704.zip
2. Apply the Airbeam Update packages
3. Once the download completes and the system reboots, the update is complete and the device is ready for use.
4. For detailed instructions please see "MC67_MSP_Installation_Instructions.txt" which is part of 67NAw65HenAB025704.zip for update through MSP
Downgrade to v01.56.04:
Standard Downgrade Procedure:
1. Download the Update Loader Package 67NAw65HenUL015604.zip
2. Unzip the package and copy all files into either the \Temp folder on the device or at the root directory of a Storage Card.
3. If the contents are copied to SD card then place the SD card in the device to be upgraded.
4. Place the device to be upgrade on an A/C power.
5. Navigate to the SD Card or \Temp folder and invoke the program STARTUPDLDR.EXE.
6. The update will take about 5 minutes to complete. Please do not remove the device from A/C power during this time.
7. Once the download completes and the system reboots, the update is complete and the device is ready for use.
By default, "Update Loader/Airbeam" packages will NOT delete contents of the Application partition.
o If the user intents to clean application partition via update loader, "67NAw65HenCA000001.bin" needs to added to "pkgs.lst".
o If the user intents to clean application partition via Airbeam, please use "67NAw65HenCA000001.apf" package.
Please check "INSTRUCTIONS.TXT" on how to upgrade the WAN firmware to “03.320 ARN 01.000.06”
If the WAN firmware is upgraded to “03.320 ARN 01.000.06” (available in 67NAw65HenZP025704.zip), it is not recommended to downgrade the OS as WAN firmware “03.320 ARN 01.000.06” is not compatible with OS releases earlier than 02.57.04
Part Number and Release Date
February 13, 2017