MC9090 Operating System BSP 01.33.00 Windows Mobile 5.0 Premium - Localized Release Notes
Update Loader Image 01.33.00 contains the SW required to update an MC9090 device to the latest SW released as of this writing (REV F).
The flagship MC9090 is a rugged handheld mobile device that incorporates a PDA, computer, scanner and imager in a single unit designed for the rigors of all-day, everyday usage.
The MC9090 delivers the latest version of the Microsoft WM 5.0 Premium Edition operating system, the Intel X-Scale Bulverde 624MHz processor, 802.11a/b/g functionality and Bluetooth standard on all configurations.
1. Upgrade to Microsoft AKU 3.5 Build 15704
2. Fusion Radio SW suite version 220.127.116.11.049R
3. BTExplorer v1.2.4 build 3348
4. AirBeam Client v 2.82
5. RD Client v 1.9.0 build 1013
6. Allows image update to continue without AC Power. Requires battery to be charged to 90%. AllowUpdateOnBattery = 1 Flag needs to be set in “ULDRSETTINGS.CFG”. ULDRSETTINGS.CFG has to be present in temp folder of the device (\Temp) or storage card along with the binaries and pkgs.lst.
7. Support for RAM disk sizes 32MB and greater
8. Added “BTProfileSelector” for easy selection of profiles in the menu Added InitBTPan.exe as part of image.
9. Fusion public API. This is the ability to programmatically control and monitor the 802.11 a/b/g/d/h/j radio. This is intended for third party deployment and monitoring clients as well as for general application usage.
10. iDockIt version 4.02.05.2
Fixed Issues for MC9090
1. Audio - Added variable output sampling rate support for SPR12665
2. Excluded SIMTOOLKIT from builds.
Blue Tooth Build 3348
Fixed Issues in Bluetooth
1. Fixed a memory leak condition in Bluetooth Explorer that resulted in progressive slowing of printing operations. Note: This was fixed in BTE build 2962 (BSP28) and above.
2. Fixed an issue in the Provisioning API where the printer association was not persisted through a warm boot when using Delete Favorites/Add Favorites combination. Note: This was fixed in BTE build 2962 (BSP28) and above.
3. HS-850 redial fails. Redial failed when the last number in the phone log contained 16 characters such as “1 (502) 555 1212”. The patch purges all spaces, parentheses and dashes to ensure that all 11-digit long-distance number strings fit within the available 16 characters. This change can be identified on the BT Explorer version screen as SS1BTHANDSFREE v18.104.22.168. The original version was 1.2.1.
4. The Serial port profile close operation on a virtual COM port does not complete until the profile’s remote connection either closes or fails due to a timeout condition due to a link-loss condition. This ensures that the next open occurs after the SPP buffer has been flushed, and the connection has been disconnected. This should ensure that the next attempt to print does not return any RFCOMM errors due to incomplete operations during the closing of the previous connection.
5. The serial port profile close operation now waits until the confirmation of a successful close operation on the underlying RFCOMM port.
6. The SIM card, when locked with a PIN, appears to delay for a long time before returning an error code indicating this fact. When it does, there appears to be concomitant failure in devices.exe on the MC7094/MC9094 devices. The patch to BT Explorer will fix this issue when there is an indication that SIM card is locked.
7. The Network Address, assigned by InitBTPan.exe must be available before BT Explorer runs the first time. Since the NDIS driver installation program VNDISInst.exe erases this Network Address on each clean or warm boot, it is necessary to wait until VNDISInst.exe has completed before InitBTPan.exe is executed.
8. A filter has been placed on the TAPI message queue to make certain that no phone events make it to the Hands-Free profile unless they are of either the VOICE or SPEECH bearer mode.
9. There was a race condition in BT Explorer initialization which was resulting in it being unable to initialize after a suspend/resume under certain circumstances due to improperly updated registry settings. This was resulting in the inability to access BT Explorer from BT Explorer Menu and the inability to open a virtual COM port until the device was warm-booted.
10. Bluetooth Explorer does not start – when the icon is clicked the Windows “wait” timer icon is displayed – after some seconds it disappears, but nothing happens [SPR 12971].This is fixed in BTE build 3348.
Fusion 2.5 49R
Enhancements from Release 2.4 15R:
1. WPA2 support is included. Specifically, AES encryption is supported. Public APIs have also been enhanced to support AES.
2. Backward compatibility enhancements:
a. Public APIs are backward compatible.
- Applications written for 2.4 15R would run on 2.5 devices "as is"
- Applications written for 2.4 15R would run compiled with 2.5 APIs on 2.5 devices w/o any application code change
- Applications written for 2.4 15R would run compiled with 2.5 APIs on 2.4 devices w/o any application code change
b. WLAN Profiles are backward compatible. When a 2.4 15R device is updated to 2.5 then the configured profiles are automatically converted to 2.5 format.
c. Registry options are backward compatible. When a 2.4 15R device is updated to 2.5 then the registry settings are automatically converted to 2.5 format.
Fixed Issues in Fusion 2.5 49R:
1. At times, login screen hangs if left open for multiple hours without user interaction.
2. The Configuration Editor hangs occasionally in Wireless Manager. Warm Boot is required to get it back to normal operation.
3. Public API gives incorrect data for GET_FUSION_VERSION_DATA oid call
4. There is no data rate displayed in the Wireless Diagnostic - ICMP Ping page
5. A dialog named 'error' is displayed, stating 'Scan error. Try later'. It shows up after terminal is taken from the cradle and search for WLANs is attempted using the Find WLANs application
6. Turning WLAN and Bluetooth radios ON / OFF using the “ALL” bar to turn within Wireless Manager UI does not work intermittently.
7. Terminal did not roam intermittently and loses ICMP packets when trying to roam between two AP100s on the WS5000
8. Terminal frequently does not associate to the Cisco 1200 when changing the power modes to CAM and Max Power Save Mode and performing a sporadic roam
9. When performing 5 hr test on Cisco 1200 with PEAP / WEP128 and host pc and terminal pinging and warm booting, the terminal locks up
10. Passkey length for WEP 128 on Symbol AP is 4-32 characters while wireless companion WLAN profiles take 8-63 characters
11. IP Status menu doesn't provide any DNS information
12. The ‘Country’ text box is too small to expose the entire country label
13. Country shows up as a frequency when current profile page is opened and terminal is suspended and resumed
14. Device is able to make Active-Sync and radio connection to a open network simultaneously
15. Un-cradling and Cradling back the device makes the device lose its IP address
16. If Options –> Regulatory –> 802.11d is unchecked then Wireless Status –> Wireless Log –> Country Code always shows ‘US’, regardless of country code set in AP / MU
17. Null Data Packets are not seen when device is connected to TKIP-PSK profile. Null Data Packets with power bit set are seen when device is connected to a 802.1x profile.
18. Find WLAN window hangs when an attempt to connect is made with the radio disabled
19. The Battery Usage (Power Modes) screen is disabled when profile is set to Ad-Hoc
20. In the Login dialog screen Device Username field is not present. The device username is not displayed in the Log On/Off window even if user is connected to the same profile
21. While re-associating device gives too many renew IP requests, and sometimes does not receive an IP address
22. MU would not automatically re-associate with AP after ActiveSync disconnected
23. If Active Sync is connected prior to the device connecting to a profile, then the radio does not get disabled.
24. If radio is disabled then the Country List Box disappears from the manage profiles dialog. The Encryption List box also becomes empty
25. Occasionally Power Management bit is set in MAC Header, even though Profile Entry – Battery Usage is set to CAM mode
26. The OK button on the Options Dialog is inactive
27. While retrieving a user certificate, the Progress dialog box displayed remains partially hidden behind the Credentials page
28. Connecting to profile from Find WLAN Page intermittently generates WSCAPI error
29. The Transmit Power field in the Wireless status menu displays inaccurate value
30. Device displays stale IP address on the IPV4 status page even if it is disconnected from the profile
31. When doing Wireless Diagnostics and doing the Trace Route function, the display does not provide the routing information
32. If the maximum allowable number of profiles is created, the last entry is barely visible, and barely accessible in the list.
33. If there is more than one page worth or profiles, and the profile of interest is on the second page, user gets bounced back to the first page every 7-8 seconds.
9090w50LcpUL013300.zip Simplified Chinese
9090w50LctUL013300.zip Traditional Chinese
This software release has been approved for use with the following Symbol devices.
Windows Mobile 5.0 Premium
The device must contain a released version of the SW (not a Beta version).
Part Number and Release Date
February, 20, 2007