MC9100 Operating System WM BSP 2.41.03 and CE BSP 02.32.03 - Hotfix CFE 2.0 Release Notes
This patch resolves following issue: For MC91xx devices with SMSC cab installed on cold boot/clean boot stops active sync connection.
1. After installing updated SMSC driver from Support Central for MC9190 WM/CE OS, Active Sync would stop working after a CleanBoot(WM)/Warmboot(WM/CE) / Coldboot(CE).
2. If an application or the user cleans up ‘\Application’ folder, this .cab solution has to be re-installed.
This software release has been approved for use with the following Symbol devices,
MPA2.0 devices – MC91xx
Windows Mobile 6.5,Windows CE 6.0
MC91xx Devices - WM Device with BSP 2.41.03, CE Device with 2.32.04
For NORMAL installation of the PATCH:
1. Copy “SPR24621_MC91xx_ ActivesyncIssue_WithReboot.cab” file to device.
2. Deploy the solution by tapping on the .cab file.
3. After successful deployment of the.cab file, device will do an automatic warm boot.
For MSP or REMOTE installation of the PATCH:
Use “SPR24621_MC91xx_ ActivesyncIssue_NoReboot.cab” for WM or CE device. This cab will not perform an automatic warm boot. MSP/Remote Installer is responsible for performing the warm boot.
Part Number and Release Date
November 07, 2013