- Microsoft Windows Embedded Handheld 6.5 Professional (Build 29040.5.3.12)
- Team Express Client Licensed version v1.1.23-1102 included as a cab file
- Included MMAX Demo v5.0.12
- Datawedge v3.3.19
- WLAN Fusion version v3.00.2.0.019R
- MSP Agent 7.03.58, Airbeam 7.03.58, RD Client 7.03.58. (This software release has been tested on MSP 3.3 and passed MSP Compliance)
- HC25 HSDPA Modem
a) FW 2.050(ARN- 01.001.02)
b) Audio 18.59.01
c) RIL 220.127.116.11
d) USB Client 18.104.22.168
e) RHA 0.40
f) MUX 22.214.171.124
- Support for Unified MSR driver: Unified MSR driver, abstracts out the HW layer, so that one single (unified) DLL could be used for all of the MSR devices.
- Config Tab dynamically populated with OS version WM6.1 / WM6.5 / WEH6.5.
- Added ability to suppress the pairing dialog box that shows up when using SS stack.
- Audio driver is modified to improve the audio quality during VOIP.
- Audio Registry changes to have general/default audio settings and to prevent overriding of speaker.
- Shift key will support only two states now instead of three states.
- SPR 19650: Incorrect smart Battery part Number reported via EMDK API.
- SPR 19313: The registry key to prevent the SD card from un-mounting when removing the battery does not work correctly.
- SPR 19345: Application launched with Startup.exe will get closed as soon as it launches.
- SPR 18796: DUT failed to scan barcodes with 50 characters.
Features/Fixes in Camera/Scanning/Imager:
o Improvements to DPM datamatrix codes with new Pixdll 5.14.09.02 and supports DPM ROI Lite.
o Long range imager calibration for reading reflective barcodes at 30feet distance fixed.
o Added coupon report mode, which enable user to read old, interim and new coupon types. Also added new UPC/EAN param for selecting coupon report mode.
o The reflective code released for MC9190.
o Coupon report mode for old and new coupon codes.
o Added support for LCD mode with new reader param for LCD mode. LCD mode is supported only for SE4500 Rev B engines.
o RS507 was not sending the first disconnect notification to the application.
WLAN - Fusion Release Notes v3.00.2.0.0019R:
o SPR 20440: Correct issue where authentication would occasionally fail after cold boot.
o SPR 19274: Fixed an issue where the WLAN radio would occasionally reset during high volume data transfers.
o Fixed an issue where Wireless Status application displays an empty message box if WLAN is disabled via Microsoft SCMDM.
o Fixed an issue where FIPS 140-2 self test would fail.
o Added the user certificate hash override feature [Fusion API enhancement].
o Regulatory update 5GHZ restriction in Taiwan.
Fixes and Known Issues in MSP Agent v7.03.58:
For MSP release notes, see Support Central and refer to the Release Notes document for the latest MSP release.
Features/Fixes in WWAN
o Updated to RIL 126.96.36.199
o Support for Turkish SMS.
o RIL supporting LATAM carriers.
o Support for SIMLOCK features ï¿½ To enable this feature the separate cab file has to install on the device, this is not part of the OS.
IOTAS Regulatory fix for USSD: The Numbers- *9, *611,*5, *21 are Changed from USSD to voice call.
MC95x6 Specific Changes
- Added Support for CMI display panels.
- Monitor version 01.24.0000
- SPR 19652 Fix: Cannot make dial out serial connections on COM1 using RAS API'.
- SPR 18352 Fix: Audio pop in speaker when recording wav file. (Minimal sound heard).
- SPR 19361 Fix: 21-116368-01 R headset quick disconnect adapter has intermittent static and disconnection issues.
- SPR 20197 Fix: Need 0-9 keys mapped to F1-F10 by orange key on MC95 52 key unit.
- CPLD version 5.1 for Rev D (CMI display) hardware.
o Unable to upload APF files in to MSP server for MC95xx products.
Workaround: MC959x RevC/RevD OS size has been increased to 128MB OS. So the size of the APF file becomes 128MB. IIS has this limitation. User need to keep the APF file in
"Program Files\Motorola MSP\PackagesToInstall" directory directly.
o While in Private call of Team Express user is able to hear key press events.
Workaround: Start>Settings>Control Panel>Volume&Sounds>Uncheck 'Key clicks'. After that the noise stops being heard.
o Default Team Express Private call key is not mapped to any key. User must configure the key before starting the session.
Known issues in Platform:
- After team express installation, device takes 3 minutes to suspend.
- 'Datawedge' will not be installed on Cleanboot hence Titanium Screen would not have Datawedge entry for all terminals. However, Datawedge.cab is available in \Windows folder for the user to install.
After installation, user can find Datawedge shortcut on the Titanium screen.
- If the user wants to install DataWedge at Clean Boot, then the following registry key should be put in .reg file and placed in \Application folder and then the terminal should be clean booted.
- 'GettingStarted' entry has been removed from the Titanium screen. After a cold/warm boot, 'GettingStarted' icon position will be moved lower in Start->Programs.
Known issues in the Windows Mobile Products:
- By default Input panel applet is not displayed in Start->Settings->Personal page due to a known issue from Microsoft wherein the user will not be able to close the Input panel applet.
As a workaround if enabled, the applet can be closed using the 'OK' button on the hard keyboard.
Remove the below registry entry and reboot, to display the "Input" applet under Settings\Personal page.
which is present in the following section:
- When switching between Control Panel Applets, the previously opened Applet's title is shown on the currently opened applet.