Omnii XT15 Operating System v. 8.2 Release Notes
The Omnii XT15 is a modular, industrial hand held computer. Microsoft Windows Embedded Handheld 6.5.3 is one of the two OS options for this device.
Omnii XT15 WEHH OS 8.2 Maintenance Release contains the following changes and fixes:
- Added support for Enterprise Browser 1.5(separate installable application).
- Added support for additional EMDK APIs (Resource Coordinator, Keyboard, Backlight, Display, Keylight and Notification). Please refer to the EMDK product documentation for the full list of supported APIs.
- Added support to Scanner Control Services for scanning barcodes with the SE4500 imager.
- Added support to Scanner Control Services for Picklist and Trigger Mode for both SE4500 and SE4600 imagers.
- Reduced microphone echo and distortion for -600 MLBs.
- Updated WWAN network list to March 21, 2016.
- Updated WWAN GPRS database.
- Fixed intermittent issue where VH10 touch screen could not be detected in the boot loader.
- Added support to Scanner Control Services for scanning barcodes with the SE4500 imager. (Note: Installing ICS for barcode scanning, imaging and camera support will remove scanner configuration from Scanner Control Services).
SPR and Tickets:
- SPR-30334: Fixed scanner configuration of bad scan beep and vibrate after laser on time was adjusted.
- SPR-30272: Fixed an issue to prevent the WLAN scan result table from filling up when roaming in an environment with a large number of access points.
- SPR-28682: Fixed an issue where SE4500 and SE4600 imagers would incorrectly decode extended characters.
This software release has been approved for use with the following devices.
Windows Embedded Handheld 6.5.3
|Omnii XT15f||Windows Embedded Handheld 6.5.3|
|Omnii XT15ni||Windows Embedded Handheld 6.5.3
MicroSD card 2GB or greater formatted as FAT32 OR USB Memory stick and Omnii docking cradle
To update the operating system software of the XT15, follow the procedure below:
1. The firmware can be upgraded using a USB Memory Stick or using a microSD Card.
2. The firmware file must be renamed 7545os.img
3. Copy the file containing the firmware upgrade to the root directory of the USB memory stick or Micro SD card
4. Install the USB memory stick into the docking cradle or install the Micro SD card into the Omnii in the Micro SD slot in the battery compartment.
5. Press and hold down the [Blue FN] key, the [SCAN] key and the [Power] key, simultaneously for a minimum of six seconds.
6. When the update is complete, the device reboots to the main operating system.
7. Remove the MicroSD card from the device to prevent the device from performing the upgrade process again on the next cold boot, and then disconnect external power. The device is now ready to be used.
Reminder: Most Windows Embedded Handheld OS updates also require an ADD-ON cab file. Don’t forget to install this CAB file after the OS update.
Part Number and Release Date
November 7, 2016