TC55 BSP 02.52.02(nGMS) and 2.52.02G.07(GMS) Hotfix CFE 1.0 Release Notes
SPR28147 Security vulnerabilities have been identified in the Android Stagefright multimedia libraries.
Patch to fix SPR28147 is being provided for TC55 KK (GMS and non GMS) devices.
Vulnerabilities were discovered in the Android Stagefright multimedia libraries.
The patch addresses the following:
SPR28147_TC55_KK_xx_en_025202_v2.zip (TC55 KK Stagefright recovery update patch applicable for both GMS & non GMS devices)
SPR28147_TC55KKxxen025202_v2.apf (TC55 KK Stagefright patch AirBEAM package applicable for both GMS & non GMS devices)
This software release has been approved for use with the following Zebra devices,
Android KK 4.4.3
Android KK 4.4.3
This SW is intended for the TC55 KK device running nonGMS/GMS; 150422SI1800EN02.52.0223257 4.4.3user / 150514SI1800EN02.52.04232574.4.3user /150611SI1800EN02.52.02G.07232574.4.3 builds only.
For NORMAL installation of the PATCH:
1.Connect the USB cable from your PC to the device and enable USB mass storage mode on the device.
2. On your PC you should see an internal and external USB mass storage drive (SD card) appears in the File Explorer and copy the "SPR28147_TC55_KK_xx_en_025202_v2.zip" file to any storage.
3. Press and hold on the device the Power button, Scan/Action button and Vol+ button until the screen is turned OFF.
4. Release the Power and Scan/Action buttons and continue to hold Vol+ button.
5. The device should enter to Recovery update mode.
6. Release Vol+.
7. Click on Vol+ or Vol to navigate and select appropriated storage.
8. Click on Scan/Action button to select the option.
9. Click on Vol+ or Vol to navigate to the SPR28147_TC55_KK_xx_en_025202_v2.zip file.
10. Click Scan/Action button to select the recovery update zip file.
11. After update, reboot the device.
12. To verify that the patch is installed, you can check for the existence of the “SPR28147_TC55_KK_xx_en_025202_v2.txt” in /system/patch/. This '.txt' file will contain the SPR#s that are part of the patch and the patch build date.
SPR28147_TC55_KK_xx_en_025202_v2.txt file contents:
For MSP (REMOTE) installation of the PATCH:
Please refer Mobility Service Platform deployment guide for instructions.
Part Number and Release Date