TC55 Operating System for GSM GMS Devices BSP 01.74G.99.17 and 01.77G - Hotfix CFE 2.0 Release Notes
SPR28431 - User is having to dismiss the Error message box pop-up notification "Unfortunately Google Search has stopped" repeatedly. The issue is resolved by upgrading the “quick search bar”.
SPR28431 - User is having to dismiss the Error message box pop-up notification "Unfortunately Google Search has stopped" repeatedly. The issue is resolved by upgrading the “quick search bar”. The attached OTA package(s) are for customers who do not have a google account and are unable to upgrade the “quick search bar”. The OTA package(s) rolls back the widget to non-GMS version.
SPR28431_TC55_JB_en_01.74G.99.17_v1.zip (OTA Package for GMS)
SPR28431_TC55_JB_en_01.77G_v1.zip (OTA Package for GMS)
This software release has been approved for use with the following Zebra devices,
|Device||Operating System||OEM Version|
Android JB 4.1.2
This SW is intended for the TC55 device running GMS 01.74G.99.17 and 01.77G.
For NORMAL installation of the PATCH:
1.Connect the USB cable from your PC to the device and enable USB mass storage mode on the device.
2. On your PC you should see an internal and external USB mass storage drive (SD card) appears in the File Explorer and copy the appropiate zip"file to any storage.
3. Press and hold on the device Power button, Scan/Action button and Vol+ button until the screen is turned OFF.
4. Release the Power and Scan/Action buttons and continue to hold Vol+ button.
5. The device should enter to Recovery update mode.
6. Release Vol+.
7. Click on Vol+ or Vol- to navigate and select appropriated storage.
8. Click on Scan/Action button to select the option.
9. Click on Vol+ or Vol- to navigate to the update zip file.
10. Click Scan/Action button to select the recovery update zip file.
11. Click on Scan/Action button to select the recovery update zip file
12. Device will automatically reboot and will be ready to use.
Part Number Release Date