TC55 Operating System for GSM GMS Devices BSP 01.74G.99.17 - Hotfix CFE 1.0 Release Notes
SPR27550 - Unable to set APN when using SIM card of a specific telecom provider.
SIM cards from a specific telecom provider are not recognized properly by the TC55 device. Customer is unable to establish a data connection. A 3rd party app can read SIM information. User cannot set APN manually, nor does APN get loaded from APN list which is preloaded on device.
To fix the issue QMI_MAX_MSG_SIZE value was changed from 2048 to 7168.
This software release has been approved for use with the following Zebra devices,
|Device||Operating System||OEM Version|
Android JB 4.1.2
This SW is intended for the TC55 JB device running GMS 01.74G.99.17 build only.
1. Connect the USB cable from your PC to the device and enable USB mass storage mode on the device.
2. On your PC you should see an internal and external USB mass storage drive (SD card) appears in the File Explorer and copy the zip file to any storage.
3. Press and hold on the device Power button, Scan/Action button and Vol+ button until the screen is turned OFF.
4. Release the Power and Scan/Action buttons and continue to hold Vol+ button.
5. The device should enter to Recovery update mode.
6. Release Vol+.
7. Click on Vol+ or Vol- to navigate and select appropriated storage.
8. Click on Scan/Action button to select the option.
9. Click on Vol+ or Vol- to navigate to the recovery update zip file.
10. Click Scan/Action button to select the recovery update zip file.
11. Click on Vol+ or Vol- to navigate 'reboot system now' and Click on Scan/Action button to reboot the device.
Part Number Release Date