TC55 Operating System GSM non-GMS BSP 01.65.04 Release Notes
TC55 is a ruggedized device based on Android for the enterprise market that blends the capabilities of a smart phone with those of a traditional enterprise PDA.
TC55 has a number of enterprise-grade features, including a touch-screen that can be used with gloves, support for stylus input for signatures, barcode capture capability and IP67 rating for dust and water protection.
It also features Extensions (MX) to make the Android operating system more enterprise ready, with security enhancements and hooks for device management tools, and is designed for a longer lifecycle than the typical smart phone.
TC55 is designed in response to customer feedback from using consumer-grade smart phones in the workplace, especially with the bring-your-own-device (BYOD) trend, where employees use their own choice of device for work.
With TC55 the workers can capture practically any type of data — from bar codes and signatures to photos, videos and NFC — improving on the job efficiency and customer service. The screen is optimized for Enterprise viewing, helping ensure the battery lasts a full shift.
And with a drop, tumble and environmental sealing specification you can count on, it has the durability required to serve your field workers for years.
2 New Features in this Release
• Localization SKUs supported: US English, UK English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese, Dutch
• /data partition is not whipped. Hence all user settings and shortcuts will not be changed.
• Touch Panel mode can be changed between “Glove and Finger” and “Stylus and Finger”. “Stylus and Finger” is a default.
3 Fixed issues
• Image update in recovery mode using FullPackageUpdate.zip automatically reboots the device (114339)
• Scanner/camera does not enable after restore of Data wedge (113726)
• Unable to delete contents of physical SD card using SOTI (113663)
• Audio streaming using a browser stops when the back button is pressed and restarts when some another video file is played from SD card and stopped (114513)
• Prevent users accessing system settings via the Settings icon in the notification/status bar. The requirement is to prevent users from gaining unauthorized access to system settings via the Settings icon in the notification/status bar. This feature is required by Enterprise Home Screen to allow customers to lock down their devices (113376)
• "Cell broadcast" message overlaps time and date (113928)
• SMS does not vibrate with default settings (114597)
• Unable to send SMS with same area code. If remote phone calls without 1 + and the 10 digits without 1 + and the 10 digits (115317)
• Device entered download mode while opening facebook (115482)
• Force Close is observed while exporting synched phone contacts to SIM card (117829)
• Device not able to initiate MO call in idle mode (117824)
1. JellyBean 4.1.2
2. Kernel v3.4.0
3. DataWedge v1.7.5
4. Scanning Framework 1.18.P03
5. MSP v7.08.67
6. MX 3.2.2-6
7. WiFi/BT FW M8960AAAAANAZW1040010
8. RIL 1.0.14
9. Modem 20015326.28
1. T55N0JB0VRUEN16504.zip– TC55 OS Recovery Update package
2. T55N0JB0VAUEN16504.apf– TC55 OS Update package file for deployment using MSP
This software release has been approved for use with the following devices.
Localization SKUs supported: US English, UK English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese, Dutch
This SW is intended for the TC55 device
1. OS Recovery Update
• Connect the USB cable from your PC to the device and enable USB mass storage mode on the device.
• On your PC you should see an internal and external USB mass storage drive (SD card) appears in the File Explore and copy the recovery update zip file to any storage.
• Press and hold on the device the Power button, Scan/Action button and Vol+ until the screen is turned OFF
• Release the Power and Scan/Action buttons and continue to hold Vol+ button
• The device should enter to Recovery update mode
• Release Vol+.
• Click on Vol+ or Vol- to navigate and select appropriated storage
• Click on on Scan/Action button to select the option
• Click on Vol+ or Vol- to navigate to the recovery update zip file
• Click on on Scan/Action button to select the recovery update zip file
Device will automatically reboot and will be ready to use.
2. MSP OS package update
• Please refer Mobility Service Platform deployment guide for instruction.
Known issues, Tips and Workarounds
· Charging may fail on the first attempt (rarely) the LED will blink red quickly to indicate this (114388)
To recover, reinsert the charger.
Charging a deeply-discharged battery will cause the LED to blink red slowly… this is normal and can last up to 8 minutes until the normal charging green LED is seen (114428)
This is normal behavior.
USB printing on a ZebraMZ220 doesn’t work (100574)
This printer is not supported by Android.
After inserting a T-mobile SIM (rarely) data service cannot be obtained (115307)
To recover, turn Airplane Mode On/Off. Note: this is a T-mobile network issue.
For a mixed deployment comprising broadcast and hidden SSID’s, the device cannot connect to a hidden SSID if the profile was added manually by selecting a broadcast SSID listed in "WiFi" Settings Page.(114289)
To workaround this problem, there are two solutions:
1. Manually add the profile using the “Add network” option (Click on “+” in “WiFi” Settings Page)
2. To configure programmatically, use the wifiConfiguration