TC55 Operating System GSM Non-GMS BSP 22.214.171.124 Hotfix CFE 10.0 Release Notes
This is special hot fix, based on 1.74 build, combines the following fixes.
· SW changes to raise NFC card reading speed
· SW changes to allow NFC card B reading
· Fix to allow to change autoconfiguration of APN coming from SIM by use of MSP (SPR25268)
· Fixed 1D scanner power driver delays
· Motochopper and Saferoot JB security fixes
· SPR 25513 – application nonresponding if the application runs some intensive task on main thread, the system shows message "Application not responding" with options Wait and Force close. On TC55, the system kills the application without asking.
· SPR 25568 – internal storage issue Private application storage should be removed when the app is uninstalled. This works when SD Card is present and the data is stored to
/storage/sdcard0/Android/data, but if the SD Card is not mounted, the files are put in
/storage/sdcard1/Android/data and this folder is not removed on uninstall.
· SPR 25656 EHS issues – there are few cases, when EHS security was broken and customer was able to switch to another application. To have it fixed, you need to install EHS v1.4 on this image
· SPR25773 display flickers on the highest resolution available (RGB_8888)
· SPR25713 known bug with SQLite (CursorWindow can throw IllegalStateException).
1. JellyBean 4.1.2
2. Kernel v3.4.0
3. DataWedge v1.7.5
4. Scanning Framework 1.18.P03
5. MSP v7.08.67
6. MX 3.2.26
7. WiFi/BT FW M8960AAAAANAZW1040010
8. RIL 1.0.14
9. Modem 20015326.28
1. T55N0JB0VRUEN17417.zip – TC55 OS Recovery Update package
2. T55N0JB0VAUEN17417.apf – TC55 OS Update package file for deployment using MSP
3. T55N0JXXVRFEN17417.zip – Recovery package to perform Factory reset. Factory reset returns the device to the factory default
4. T55N0JXXVREEN17417.zip – Recovery package to perform Enterprise reset. Enterprise reset performs the factory reset, but preserves the Enterprise folder
This software release has been approved for use with the following devices.
This SW is intended for the TC55 device running JellyBean Android
1. OS Recovery Update
- Connect the USB cable from your PC to the device and enable USB mass storage mode on the device.
- On your PC you should see an internal and external USB mass storage drive (SD card) appears in the File Explore and copy the recovery update zip file to any storage.
- Press and hold on the device the Power button, Scan/Action button and Vol+ until the screen is turned OFF
- Release the Power and Scan/Action buttons and continue to hold Vol+ button
- The device should enter to Recovery update mode
- Release Vol+.
- Click on Vol+ or Vol to navigate and select appropriated storage
- Click on on Scan/Action button to select the option
- Click on Vol+ or Vol to navigate to the recovery update zip file
- Click on on Scan/Action button to select the recovery update zip file
Device will automatically reboot and will be ready to use.
2. MSP OS package update
Please refer Mobility Service Platform deployment guide for instruction.
Known issues, Tips and Workarounds
Part Number and Release Date
August 21, 2014