TC55 Operating System GSM Non-GMS BSP 18.104.22.168 Hotfix CFE 8.0 Release Notes
This Android patch enhances the decoding capability for QR Bar codes.
This posting fixes the following issues:
In released Jellybean software for TC55, when we try to decode some specific QR codes it was not getting decoded. Updated Scanner Image Kit has been integrated to
Overcome the issue.
This software release has been approved for use with the following Zebra devices,
Device Operating System
TC55 Android JB 4.1.2
This SW is intended for the TC55 device running nonGMS/GMS 01.74.99.17 build only.
1. Connect the USB cable from your PC to the device and enable USB mass storage mode on the device.
2. On your PC you should see an internal and external USB mass storage drive (SD card) appears in the File Explorer and copy the "SPR27630_TC55_JB_en_22.214.171.124_v1.0.zip" file to any storage.
3. Press and hold on the device the Power button, Scan/Action button and Vol+ button until the screen is turned OFF.
4. Release the Power and Scan/Action buttons and continue to hold Vol+ button.
5. The device should enter to Recovery update mode.
6. Release Vol+.
7. Click on Vol+ or Vol‐ to navigate and select appropriated storage.
8. Click on Scan/Action button to select the option.
9. Click on Vol+ or Vol‐ to navigate to the SPR27630_TC55_JB_en_126.96.36.199_v1.0.zip file.
10. Click Scan/Action button to select the recovery update zip file.
11. Device will automatically reboot and will be ready to use.
Part Number and Release Date