Push-to-Talk Version 1.1.68 Release Notes
PTT Express client creates Push-To-Talk communication capability between different types of devices including PTT Smartphones, and Mobile Computers. Leveraging existing WLAN infrastructure, this solution delivers simple communications across devices without the need for a voice communication server.
1. Following issues have been ﬁxed:
1. DHCP timer expiry causes PTT Client to Deregister and Register back during IDLE state.
2. Occasionally PTT Client fails to Register after a warm boot when logging is enabled.
3. Sometimes ongoing Group Call is not being heard after device going out of network range and coming back into network coverage.
4. Media player does not get muted for Group call, if Group call button is Pressed immediately after receiving group call from the other device.
5. Audio from Windows media player does not get muted when a Private call is initiated as response to a received private call.
6. PTT Client does not register occasionally after warm boot or cold boot.
7. After PTT Uninstallation, Screen tap and Key press sounds was not restored back as they were before installation.
8. Error uninstalling PTT Express.
9. Device fails to provide audio output if Group call and Private call keys are pressed for very short duration.
10. servicesd.exe crash observed during PTT group call when device suspends and resumes.
11. PTT client occasionally crashes after making series of Group Calls/Private calls and leaving the device idle for some time.
1. Added Registry key in the below mentioned location to disable PTT Client and all its components. By enabling this ﬂag to 1 and performing warmboot on the device, PTT Client's service and all its components will not be loaded in the system.
2. On MC75 devices ActiveCalls, Phoneclientstatus, and CURRENT_TALKGROUP will be updated under
both "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Motorola\CVC/VC" locations.
3. Group call/Private call auto-redial functionality should be disabled in the PTT client.
This software release has been approved for use with the following Symbol devices.
Windows Embedded Handheld 6.5 Classic
Windows Embedded Handheld 6.5 Professional
The PTT Express Client for Enterprise Devices running Windows Embedded Handheld 6.5, Version 1.1.68 is intended for use with the 04.47.0004 MPA2.0 Maintenance Release Package for its compatible devices.
The CAB installer can be installed by tapping on the ﬁle after placing it on the device in any folder.
Part Number and Release Date
July 30, 2014