Issue / Question
How can I activate PDF Direct?
Link-OS Compatible Printers
Resolution / Answer
||NOTE The PDF Direct installation files can be found in the firmware zip file and this option is now free for all the printers which support Link OS 6.3.
- Run ZDownloader, and click Auto-detect printers.
- Select the printer from the list, and click File > Select Firmware File.
- Locate and select the NRD file included in the downloaded .zip file.
- Click Printer > Download to selected.
- To activate PDF Direct on the printer, select it in Virtual Device, under the Language menu on the printer display. If the printer is not equipped with a display, send the following command:
! U1 setvar "apl.enable" "pdf"
To temporarily disable PDF Direct, send the following command:
! U1 setvar "apl.enable" "none"