Issue / Question
How to update firmware on ZC100/ZC300 series
ZC100 and ZC300 series
Resolution / Answer
Open the Printing Preferences Control Panel
- Windows 7 – Select Start, then click Devices and Printers. Right click the Zebra ZCXXX Card Printer and select Printing preferences from the pop-up menu.
- Windows 8 – Press Windows + I and select Control Panel from the pop-up menu. Select Hardware and Sound, then select Devices and Printers. Right click the Zebra ZCXXX Card Printer, and select Printing preferences from the pop-up menu
- Windows 10 – Press Windows + I and select Devices, then select Printers and Scanners. Select the Zebra ZCXXX Card Printer and click Manage, and then select Printing preferences.
- Click on Advanced Settings
- Click on Configuration>Printer Settings>Firmware and Settings
- The Firmware and Settings sub-tab is divided into two sections:
4. In the Firmware section, the user can see the current firmware version.
5. User then can proceed to update the firmware to the latest version.
6.Click (File browser) and locate the firmware file you wish to upload and click Open. Then click Update.
Note: The firmware file must be first downloaded from the Zebra support website for the respective models
7.A dialog box with several cautionary statements will be displayed, confirm you understand the risk by clicking OK
The firmware will be sent to the printer. The printer status will be displayed in the status banner at the top of the Setup tab; or, if equipped, the printer LCD screen. Click OK to proceed.
A progress bar will show the status of the firmware update.
WARNING • Do not turn off printer power during firmware upgrade or serious damage to the printer may occur. The printer will automatically reboot at the end of the upgrade process.