Topic or Information
This solution is useful for
- Printer models that accept cards other than the standard 30mil size.
- Printer set-up.
Zebra Performance Class Card Printers
Symptoms addressed by this solution include
- Cards will not feed into the printer .
- More than one card feeds into the printer.
Setting the feeder gate to the correct height.
The blue lever, usually located to the left of the card feeder, controls the height of the gate therefore determines what thickness of card can be admitted.
- Check the packaging of your cards to find out their thickness and set the blue lever accordingly.
- If you do not know the specified thickness of your cards and it is not written on the packaging, lower the blue lever all the way down. Use the drivers "tools" page to "Eject a card" thereby causing the printer to try to feed a card. Slowly raise the setting of the blue lever, notch by notch until the card can pass through, but do not go so far that a second card can feed at the same time, i.e. find the lowest point that reliably feeds your cards.
- Setting of the gate is also described in your Users Manual.