Issue / Question
How to pair and connect an RS507 Bluetooth ring scanner to an MC92N0 Windows CE7.0 mobile computer?
Resolution / Answer
Clean boot the RS507
- Remove battery or disconnect the Corded Adapter.
- Press and hold the Restore Key.
- Insert the battery or Corded Adapter into the Imager.
- Continue to press and hold the Restore Key for about five seconds until a chirp is heard and the Scan LEDs flash green.
* The RS507 is now in its factory default configuration.
From the MC92N0
- Start > Programs > BTScannerCtlPanel > Enable check box.
- Select target COM port. Example COM9.
- Then choose “Save and Exit”
- Start > Programs > BTUI > Pairing Barcode (scan this barcode with the RS507)
- Tap back arrow to close pairing barcode
- Tap "X" to close BTUI (BT Information)
- Launch Datawedge on the MC92N0
- On Datawedge main menu, click “Running” twice. Choose “Basic Config” afterwards
- Choose Option 1 – Scanner Input
- Choose “Bluetooth SSI Scanner Driver” (option 2)
- Choose “Enabled” therefore putting a check mark next to it, then click “Home” on top right
- Exit (option 0), then OK to acknowledge
- Tap on Running to toggle to Yes
- At this point, DataWedge will show a status of Ready
- Tap OK to close DataWedge
* At this point, the RS507 is now connected and paired. You can test using DataWedge Demo