Issue / Question
How to disable Volume Up and Down buttons using StageNow Tool
MC40, TC51, TC56, TC70, TC75, TC70x and TC75x
Resolution / Answer
This article provides a way to disable Volume Up and Volume Down buttons using Keymapping Manager within StageNow.
Remapping each button to Suppress key will ignore this key as if it was never pressed.
1. Create a profile using MX version 4.4 or higher
2. Select Expert Mode
3. Add KeyMappingMgr twice
4. Choose a key to modify. Example Volume Up
5. Set Key Behavior to Suppress key
6. Click Continue
7. Choose a key to modify. Example Volume Down
8. Set Key Behavior to Suppress key
9. Go next up to Publish and generate either a 1D or 2D barcode. See below example.
10. Scan the StageNow barcode using the StageNow client on the supported Zebra Android device.