Issue / Question
When RFD8500 is connected to an Apple iOS device in HID mode, the on-screen keyboard will not open
How to have both the on-screen keyboard and RFD8500 in HID mode working at the same time?
Resolution / Answer
HID Virtual Keyboard for Apple iOS (Attribute# 1114)
This option works with Apple iOS devices to enable the opening and closing of the iOS virtual keyboard on first data transmission or on double trigger pull.
1. Open 123Scan2 Utility then connect the RFD8500
2. Navigate to General settings> HID Virtual Keyboard for Apple iOS
3. Enable this parameter (check mark)
4. Save and apply this new configuration to your RFD8500
5. Disconnect RFD8500 from your PC
6. Reboot RFD8500 using Power Button
Note: Double tap scan trigger to toggle on-screen keyboard