Exporting Datawedge to load to other devices using StageNow
Article ID: 12318868
Issue / Question
The procedure to Exporting Datawedge to load to other devices using StageNow is fairly lengthy process.
Resolution / Answer
1. Setup Datawedge according to your needs.
2. Export Datawedge settings:
Select Datawedge icon
Select the icon with the 3 squares on the top right corner of the screen to the right of DataWedge Profiles.
Select 'Export', you will see a message box open labeled 'Export To .. ' to show the path of where the datawedge.db (database) is exported to. You will be given 2 options ( paths ) to export the 'datawege.db' file to. It is recommend to select second option to export to 'Internal Storage' which is the '/storage/sdcard2/android/data/com.symbol.datawedge/files' location
Select export button ..a message box will open stating that the file was Exported.
3. Select home button > programs
4. Select file explorer
5. Search for /'storage/sdcard2/android/data/com.symbol.datawedge/files' location , you will see 'datawedge.db'
6. Connect to the device with USB cable and copy the 'Datawedge.db' to your PC.
7. You will need to setup StageNow to send this 'datawedge.db' to the following location '/enterprise/device/settings/datawedge/autoimport' to import same settings to different devices using StageNow. Please note you will not be able to view inside this folder as it has restricted access permissions.
1. Open StageNow on PC.
2. Log into Admin mode.
3. Select create new profile.
4. Set MX to 4.4 .
5. Select 'Xpert mode' to create new profile, select 'Create' button.
6. Enter name of profile 'DatawedgeExport', select OK
7. Select Deploy on top right.
8. Make sure settings is selected on left.
9. Select 'FileMgr' setting on left .
10. Select the plus sign to add it to the profile.
11. Will see 'FileMgr' on the right under the deploy label
12. Select add
13. Enter the path into the target field /enterprise/device/settings/datawedge/autoimport/datawedge.db
14. Select the circle with the 3 dots in the Source field to navigate to the 'database.db' file on your PC that you exported from your device.
15. Selecting the circle will open this window in which you have to also select the circle with the 3 dots
16. Selecting the circle will open then navigation window to select the 'datawedge.db' file
1. Go to: Desktop > Staging icon > StageNow icon > scan bar code to launch process.
2. Once completed, press a power button and reset the device.
3. Once TC80 boots up, you will see the profile added to DataWedge.