Issue / Question
How to pair and connect the DS3678 to a TC70/ TC75 Android KitKat or Lollipop?
TC70 Android KitKat or Lollipop
TC75 Android KitKat or Lollipop
DS3678 Bluetooth scanner
Resolution / Answer
The TC70/ TC75 Android Lollipop does not support DS3678 in SSI mode. However if you setup the DS3678 in HID mode it pairs and connect just fine.
A. To setup the DS3678 in HID mode:
1. Scan the barcode 'Set Factory Defaults' on page 133 from the DS36x8 Product Reference Guide posted here.
2. Scan the barcode 'HID Bluetooth Classic' on page 81.
B. From the TC75:
1. Open Settings> Bluetooth
2. Pair and connect to the DS3678 in HID mode
C. To test scanning, use native Browser, you can scan into the address bar
D. To re-enable soft keyboard after connecting DS3678 Bluetooth scanner in HID mode. Read More>>
1. Open Settings > Select Language & input
2. Tap on ‘Default – English (US) Android Keyboard (AOSP)'
3. Tap on Hardware – Physical keyboard to disable. This option is only available if a HID device is connected