Issue / Question
How is a factory reset performed on the TC55?
Resolution / Answer
A Factory Reset if performed on a TC55 by applying a reset package that is copied to and executed from the TC55 storage
Determine the Model of the TC55. The P/N is located inside the Battery Compartment, example: TC55AH-HJ11ES
Determine which Android Version it is running JellyBean 4.1.2 or KitKat 4.4.3 (Settings > About Phone > Android Version)
Determine the Build number (Settings > About Phone > Build Number) example 00-68-00-KG-00-MV
Determine if it is Non-GMS (no Gmail or Play) or GMS (Google Play, GMail etc)
Next obtain the correct reset Package
Download the reset package for that OS version and build number from the following location under Utilities for your device GMS or Non-GMS
TC55 Reset Package for GSM GMS Devices
TC55 Reset Package for GSM Non-GMS Devices
TC55 Reset Package for Verizon 4G Non-GMS Devices
Example: to download the reset package for the GSM GMS KitKat TC55 Select
TC55 RESET PACKAGE FOR GSM GMS DEVICES
+ RESET PACKAGE FOR ANDROID KITKAT
+ TC55 KK Fullreset minus SD card SPR 29133
SPR29133-TC55-K-xx-2.65-x-00-01.zip (Download 142k)
Steps to Copy and Apply the Reset Package
Follow these steps from the release notes to copy the entire zip file over to the TC55 (Do not unzip)
(please use the current version of release notes for updated instructions
- Ensure the battery is charged over 30%
1. Connect the USB cable from your PC to the device and enable USB mass storage mode on the device.
2. On your PC you should see an internal and external USB mass storage drive (SD card) appears in the File Explorer and copy the update zip file to any storage.
3. Press and hold on the device Power button, Scan/Action button and Vol+ button until the screen is turned OFF.
4. Release the Power and Scan/Action buttons and continue to hold Vol+ button.
5. The device should enter to Recovery update mode.
6. Release Vol+.
7. Click on Vol+ or Vol to navigate and select appropriated storage the package was copied to Internal or External
8. Click on Scan/Action button to select the option.
9. Click on Vol+ or Vol to navigate to the reset package zip file name
10. Click on Scan/Action button to select the reset package zip file.
11. If the device does not reboot use the Volume keys to navigate to Reboot and press Scan/Action button to Reboot