Issue / Question
How to swap the functionality of the large Enter button to change it from its default value of Field Exit to an Enter button?
MC92, MC93, Android, Velocity, All Touch
Resolution / Answer
By default, the Enter Key on an MC92 / MC93 Android Device is a Field Exit when using 5250 Velocity Emulation. Using Velocity, the Field Exit and Enter functionalities can be swapped. Once swapped, the large Enter button will perform as the Enter button. The Ctrl-Enter key sequence will then perform as the Field Exit function.
This can be done using the Key - Replace script as described below:
- In your Velocity console, click the Scripts tab:
- Select the pre-loaded Script named Key - Replace.
- Highlight this script, and press OK.
- The Script now appears on the Scripts page:
- Click the box to the left of Key - Replace. This places a check in the box.
- Select Link to link the Script to your Project:
- You will then be prompted to link the Script to your whole session. You will see the following:
- Select OK.
- You will now be able to configure the Key to Replace and the New Key Value:
- Key in 000D for the Key to Replace and 000A for the New Key Value.
- Click Link to add a second session Scope to your Script, and click OK:
- Your Scope will now have two sessions:
- Now, the values can be swapped. Key in 000A for the Key to Replace and 000D for the New Key Value.
- You will now have two sessions for your Scope. The first session detects 000D and replaces it with 000A, while the second session detects 000A and replaces it with 000D.
- Save your Project:
- Select Deploy to create your new .wldep file:
- Transfer your new .wldep file to your mobile device and test.
||NOTE Alternatively, the Swap Enter Key script from the Velocity Script Library can be used. Starting from Velocity 2.1.14 a new feature has been added to swap ENTER key FIELD EXIT keys for 5250 emulations without using a script.