Making Mobile Companion WLAN Settings Cold Boot Persistent Using Remote Capture
Article ID: 33713318
How Do I Make Mobile Companion WLAN Settings Cold Boot Persistent Using Remote Capture?
To make WLAN settings cold boot persistent using Remote Capture, follow the steps below
- On your PC install the latest version of RemCapture.(Read More>>)
- Cold boot the mobile unit so that the device configuration is reset back to defaults.
- Connect the mobile unit to your PC and setup an ActiveSync connection to your PC.
- Run the RemCapture.exe file and click the plus sign.
- On the mobile unit create the WLAN profile and get the unit to connect to the desired wireless network.
- Click the minus sign to capture the differences in the registry.
- Click the save button to save the registry file to you PC. After the file is saved it will automatically deploy it to the application folder on the device.
- This registry file can be loaded onto another device via ActiveSync. Put this file into the /applications folder on the mobile unit and cold boot the device.