Issue / Question
How to test my Mag encoder option using the ZXP Toolbox?
Zebra ZXP Series 9 Card Printers with Mag Encoder option
Resolution / Answer
- Install a USB or Network printer driver
- High or low coercivity cards
- User may need the access from local administrator
Users may need to test the Mag encoding option for the following reasons:
- Ensure the option works independently of any application
- Users added the Mag encoder upgrade kit and verify that the option works
- Place the card(s) in the printer's hopper as stated in the printer's user manual. You will need to access the Magnetic Encoding section, under Technology, in the printer's Toolbox. The ZXP Series Toolbox provides advanced configuration capabilities and tools to manage the operation of your printer.
For Windows XP
- Navigate to Start > Settings > Printers and Faxes.
- Right-click on the ZXP Series 9 driver and select Properties > Device Information > ZXP Toolbox.
For Windows 7
- Navigate to the Windows Icon > Devices and Printers.
- Right-click on the ZXP Series 9 driver and select Printer Properties > Device Information > ZXP Toolbox.
- Select any custom settings under the Track Settings section.
||NOTE To enable any custom settings:
- Click on the Printing Preferences button.
- Go into the Encoding tab and select Custom as the Magnetic Encoding type.
- Select the required tracks and coercivity type. Refer to this article: Difference Between Encoder Coercivity.
- Type the information to encode the following ISO standards, refer to this article: ISO Standards for Magnetic Encoding on Card Printers.
- Click Encode to encode the data into the card.
- To validate the data was encoded properly, place the card back in the hopper and clear the track values. Click Read. The values encoded should be displayed on each track.