Procedure on how to make offset adjustments for better edge-to-edge printing
- Zebra ZXP Series 7 Card Printers
- Zebra ZXP Series 8 Card Printers
- A USB or Network printer driver needs to be installed Read More>>
- User may need access from local administrator
This solution can be used when the printer does not print to the edge of the card or the image is not properly centered on the card.
When printing an edge to edge graphic, it is best to have the graphic properly sized to the dimensions of the card (1024dots x 640 dots, 3.41” x 2.13”) and a graphic resolution of at least 600 dpi (dots per inch).
Positioning of the image on the card can be adjusted in the ZXP Toolbox under ‘Printer Settings’ in the Print Position box. The ZXP Series Toolbox provides advanced configuration capabilities and tools to manage the operation of your printer.
- From Windows XP: Go to Start> Settings> Printers and Faxes. Right click on the ZXP Series 7 or Series 8 driver and select Properties> Device Information> ZXP Toolbox
- From Windows 7: Go to the Windows Icon> Devices and Printers. Right click on the ZXP Series 7 or Series 8 driver and select Printer Properties> Device Information> ZXP Toolbox
Sample from a ZXP S7 Toolbox
Sample from a ZXP S8 Toolbox
Film print X offset (dots): This is the number of dots (300 dpi / ~3 mils/dot.) to shift the image to align it on the media. Increasing these values moves the image to the right while decreasing them moves the image left. This parameter can be used to center the image on the card, or to align it with an edge.
The adjustment range is: Minimum -50, Maximum 50.
Film print Y offset (mils): This is the number of mils to shift the image to align it on the media. Increasing these values moves the image up while decreasing them moves the image down. This parameter can be used to center the image on the card, or to align it with an edge.
The adjustment range is: Minimum -100, Maximum 100.
The Save Settings button saves any changes you have made to this screen.
If this fails to resolve your issue please select “Submit a Case Online” located under “Additional Assistance” (right column of this page) and provide details related to your problem for technical support assistance.