Information Stored on TPM Better Protects Data From Software Attacks and Theft
For customers who rely on it, TPM provides secure information management and enhanced business protection.
TPM is built into a computer to store cryptographic information, such as encryption keys. Because TPM uses its own internal firmware and logic circuits for processing instructions, it does not rely upon the operating system and is not exposed to external software vulnerabilities.
As a result, information stored on TPM is more secure from external software attacks and physical theft. While all business environments can benefit from this integrated security feature, regulated markets, such as retail, finance and healthcare, are required to provide higher levels of data security and will additionally benefit from TPM’s ability to ensure the integrity of transactions or the privacy of patient information.
TPM is available on most Xplore tablet PC models, now part of Zebra Technologies. With TPM as well as Computrace® security and anti-theft software, Zebra's Xplore tablet PCs offer customers additional peace-of-mind when it comes to the security of the mobile data that their businesses rely on. Tablet PCs help every user work faster, smarter and more effectively, providing the capabilities, applications, ergonomic ease-of-use and security mobile workers need to be more productive in today’s de-centralised work environments.
Features and Benefits
- Protect Sensitive Data: Use encryption and digital signatures to protect users content and privacy
- Defence for Attacks: Provides the ability to withstand logical and physical attacks against protected stored keys and credentials
- Multiple Platform Support: Ability to be used across multiple platforms
Examples of Applications Utilising TPM:
- Encryption for Files and Folders: Windows EFS (Encrypting File System), Virtual Encrypted Drive (Personal Secure Drive)
- E-mail Security: Outlook, Outlook Express and other email services that support Digital Signature and Mail Encryption and Decryption features.
- Secure Web Addresses: Web browsers that support Secure Protocols (SSL)
- MISCELLANEOUS. Virtual Private Network (VPN), Client Authentication