What is Gorilla® Glass?
Based on comprehensive understanding on how glass breaks, Corning Inc. created Gorilla Glass to better survive the real world events that commonly cause glass failure. Designed specifically for mobile devices, Corning’s Gorilla Glass improves screen durability without adding weight to the highly mobile tablet PCs.
Zebra's Motion Tablet PCs were the first rugged tablet PCs to feature Corning’s durable Gorilla Glass. Corning Gorilla Glass is an environmentally friendly alkali-aluminosilicate thin-sheet glass designed specifically to function as a cover glass for portable display devices. Its superior composition allows a deeper layer of chemical strengthening than is possible with other chemically strengthened glasses, giving it an increased ability to resist and withstand damage.
Gorilla Glass Features
A variety of features come together in Corning’s Gorilla Glass to create a strong, damage-resistant glass that is ideal for tablet PCs, including:
- Chemically strengthened to withstand high-volume user interaction and repetitive motion
- Highly durable cover glass for increased mobile Tablet PCs lifespan
- Adds protection without impacting pen response
- Increased ability to resist and withstand damages compared to device without Gorilla Glass
- Retains its performance advantage even when used in thin form factors
- Retains optical characteristics after extended use and abuse
- Remains strong over time
- Water, chemical and disinfectant resistant coating: easy to clean and remove dust, dirt, or other elements