Motorola Solutions Expands and Scales WiNG 5 Wireless LAN Portfolio to Offer Customers More Choice and Flexibility
This press release was issued by Motorola Solutions Enterprise business prior to its acquisition by Zebra Technologies on Oct. 27, 2014.
Powerful NOC controller and high performance 802.11n access points help enterprise and government IT support rapid growth of wireless devices and multimedia applications in their organisations
SCHAUMBURG, Ill. – May 3, 2011 – Motorola Solutions, Inc. (NYSE: MSI) today expanded its WiNG 5 wireless LAN (WLAN) portfolio with single-, dual- and tri-radio 802.11n access points (APs) and a powerful Integrated Services Controller designed to help distributed organisations effectively manage thousands of APs from a network operations centre (NOC) for a continental or global deployment. As previously announced, the WiNG 5 architecture eliminates choke points faced by traditional hub-and-spoke architectures by leveraging network intelligence and security at the edge to offer superior performance for mobile applications such as video and voice.
suited for retailers, government agencies, hospital campuses, school
districts and enterprises operating multiple facilities across wide
geographies, these WiNG 5 solutions offer a cost-effective means of
supporting the most demanding wireless applications and large numbers
of wireless devices. The result is a WLAN infrastructure that delivers
a consistently better user experience regardless of location or
application; one that network administrators can easily deploy,
manage, troubleshoot and expand as new mobile services are
- The NX 9000 Integrated Services Controller helps large distributed organisations ensure consistent configuration, management and troubleshooting of their entire WLAN from a single location or via their private cloud. This powerful NOC controller can support up to 10,000 Motorola WiNG 5 APs and manage controller-less deployments at remote sites, helping reduce the complexity and cost throughout the lifetime of the network.
- New 802.11n single-, dual- and tri-radio APs help
budget-conscious IT managers deploy the optimal WLAN infrastructure
based on user and cost profiles at various locations.
- The single-radio, dependent AP 621 offers customers the power of WiNG 5 intelligence at an attractive price point. When deployed with a wireless controller, this dual-band AP offers users 802.11n speeds along with direct forwarding, security, quality of service (QoS) and advanced spectrum analysis.
- The versatile single-radio, independent AP 6521 combines the QoS, security and performance benefits of the WiNG 5 architecture with a design that helps customers lower the cost of deploying and operating a secure, reliable 802.11n WLAN. It enables controller-less operations at small to medium sites by serving as a virtual controller and coordinating the operation of up to 24 neighboring APs for mobility and QoS services.
- The new AP 6532 is a performance-focused 802.11n independent AP that provides customers with higher throughput and dual-radio performance, while leveraging WiNG 5’s intelligence at the edge to serve as a virtual controller. This versatile AP leverages Motorola’s hallmark 802.11n band-unlocked radios, allowing IT to use its second radio to provide WiFi access or serve as a dedicated wireless sensor that scans both 2.4 and 5 Ghz bands for network assurance and security.
- The high-capacity AP 7161 provides cost-effective and secure 802.11n outdoor coverage by offering dual- and tri-radio options as well as hardware- or software-based, dedicated wireless security sensing, making it an ideal solution for industrial parks, campuses, neighborhoods or depot facilities. Its IP 67 NEMA 4 waterproof enclosure ensures reliable performance in demanding weather conditions, while WiNG 5 intelligence at the edge enables virtual controller functionality and helps IT deliver a consistent user experience and access to applications in all corners of the organisation.
- Customers in North America and Europe, the Middle East and Africa (EMEA) can purchase the NX 9000 Integrated Services Controller, AP 6532 and AP 7161 through Motorola Solutions sales and our wide network of partners in the PartnerEmpower Channel Programme in the second quarter of 2011. The AP 621 and AP 6521 are expected to be available for purchase in North America and EMEA in the third quarter of 2011. Availability of these solutions in other regions is expected in the third quarter of 2011 and will be announced separately.
- Motorola Solutions will be showcasing the new WiNG 5 solutions in its booth (Booth #2159) at the 2011 Interop IT Conference & Expo in Las Vegas on May 9 – 12, 2011.
Imran Akbar, vice president, Motorola Solutions
“The explosion of wireless services and applications introduced by retailers, schools, hospitals, government agencies and other multi-location enterprises is placing challenging demands on their networks, often causing degradation in the quality of services they deliver and anxiety among users unable to access them. By giving IT more choice and flexibility in architecting these networks while ensuring the highest levels of control, reliability and security, we are helping our customers focus on their core mission rather than on the enabling technologies. The NX 9000 delivers unparalleled scalability and flexibility, while the new APs are attractively priced and deliver seamless indoor and outdoor WLAN services. The result is less worry, cost and congestion, and more trust, intelligence and performance.”
Website: WiNG 5 WLAN
Video: Is your network ready for the increase in demand?
Whitepaper: Distributed Intelligence: The Future of Wireless Networking Architecture
Portal: The Pulse: Wireless Networking
Blog: Wireless Insights
Motorola Solutions delivers seamless connectivity that puts real-time information in the hands of users, which gives customers the agility they need to grow their business or better serve and protect the public. Working seamlessly together with our world-class devices, our wireless network solutions include indoor wireless LAN, outdoor wireless mesh, point-to-multipoint, point-to-point networks and voice-over-WLAN solutions. Combined with powerful software tools for wireless network design, best-of-breed security, management and troubleshooting, Motorola Solutions delivers trusted networking and access anywhere to organisations across the globe.
MOTOROLA, MOTO, MOTOROLA SOLUTIONS and the Stylized M Logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Motorola Trademark Holdings, LLC and are used under license. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. ©2011 Motorola Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.