This press release was issued by Motorola Solutions Enterprise business prior to its acquisition by Zebra Technologies on Oct. 27, 2014.
Beijing, February 19, 2013 – As a leading provider of mission-critical communication solutions and services, Motorola Solutions, Inc. (NYSE: MSI) recently showcased its latest retail solutions and innovations at the 102nd National Retail Federation (NRF) Annual Convention & EXPO conducted at the Jacob K. Javits Convention Centre in New York City.
As the first multi-purpose mobile computer, the newly launched MC40 has won wide acclaim from the retail industry and media attendees at the EXPO and the media for its cool, sleek design and simple, convenient configurations. Making commitment to promote the sustainable development of China's retail industry, Motorola Solutions is always focused on technology innovations and new ways to solve retailers’ business problems. In the face of consumers' increasingly savvy shopping demands and the multiple challenges from within the retail environment, the MC40 emerges as the best fit.
Today, customers are increasingly hungering for out-of-the-box, fashionable and convenient shopping experience. They walk into retail stores expecting a prompt and pre-emptive service from a well informed and better connected retail associates. An MC40 bring in the required capability as it is designed with retail use in view. As a global leading provider of retail mobility solutions, Motorola Solutions is meeting the new trend and demand of retail industry in China and constantly introducing new and innovative solutions and products that are at the cusp of retail transformation underway. The recently launched MC40 is bringing with it a series of new features that transform Android 2.3 from a consumer operating system (OS) to a true enterprise-class OS for MC40, and a large 4.3 inch touch-only display with smart and stylish design that makes MC40 a real mobile assistant for retailers.
- Using the advanced scanning technology and standard 8MP high resolution autofocus camera of MC40, associates can quickly scan 1D, 2D printed on paper and on mobile phone screens. The rich photographic intelligence allows fast documentation of planogram and promotion compliance at the press of a button.
- With its unique integrated voice solution, the MC40’s push-to-talk (PTT) function can easily connect to any other PTT-enabled Motorola Solutions’ mobile terminals as well as two-way radios.
- For retail enterprises that adopt a shift system, the MC40 offers a feature of swappable and independent rechargeable battery for guaranteed availability, and thereby improves the equipment utilisation. The service time comes up to 8-10 hours by a single charge, greatly reducing the impact of downtime on services.
- The MC40 is ruggedised to withstand multiple drops to the floor, liquid spills and hot and humid operating environments typical of back-end operations in retail, to ensure trouble free and dependable performance.
- An 800 MHz processor, 8Gb Flash memory and support for 802.11 a/b/g/n WLAN support provides desktop-like speeds and the power to run increasingly demanding applications, greatly facilitating retailers’ everyday management needs.
- With a pocket-sized style, the MC40 is convenient to carry and also allows appearance customisation based on retailers’ brands. Retailers can select the colour for the bezel and add their logos to promote their brands, as well as enable customers to instantly identify their associates.
Michael Jiang, China Chairman and President, Motorola Solutions (China) Co., ltd.
“The development of the retail industry will be driven by more and more intelligent tools and solutions. In the face of demanding consumers with constant need for innovative solutions, it is taxing for retailers to provide them with distinctive shopping experience. Based on in-depth insight into retail industry, Motorola Solutions is committed to helping retailers to create a perfect management platform. The launch of MC40 will not only help retailers and customers to communicate seamlessly, but will also elevate customers' shopping experience to a new level. We believe the MC40 will serve as a smarter tool to accelerate the pace for retailers to achieve fully intelligent management, and build their brands by giving an excellent shopping experience.”
MOTOROLA, MOTOROLA SOLUTIONS and the Stylized M Logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Motorola Trademark Holdings, LLC, and may be used only with permission. All other product and service names mentioned in the above article are the property of their respective owners. © 2011 Motorola Mobility, Inc.