Global Industries and Local Communities Alike are Celebrating the Innovation and Impact of These Very Special Zebras Right Now
2020 has been anything but ordinary, yet Zebras all around the world have continued to accomplish extraordinary things!
If anyone is built to work harder, smarter and faster in a crisis, it’s a Zebra. Our employees have stepped up in incredible ways these past six months to do what some may have said was impossible. They’ve endured endless change, worked tirelessly to solve novel problems and fervently supported their colleagues, customers and communities in so many ways!
That is why we are overjoyed that so many Zebras have been recognized by third-party industry organizations and non-profits for their accomplishments these past six months! We know these individuals and teams are doing remarkable things both personally and professionally, despite the unprecedented challenges they are facing. It is wonderful to see others are also taking notice of – and appreciating – their hard work and dedication.
Check out the Zebras named below as well as those working behind the scenes to ensure Zebra’s technology solutions help our customers serve their end-users and communities!
Individuals Who are Making a Significant Mark
- Mark Wheeler, Supply Chain Strategy Lead, received the Allan Gilligan Award from the Association for Automatic Identification and Mobility (AIM Global). Established in 2012 to honor a revolutionary developer of supply chain standards across multiple industries, this award is given to a member of the industry who has made outstanding contributions to the development of automatic identification and data communications (AIDC) applications in materials handling and logistics in the supply chain.
- Mark Wheeler was also named to Supply & Demand Chain Executive’s 20th annual list of the 2020 Pros to Know Awards along with Director of Supply Chain Solutions, Michael Maris. The Pros to Know Awards recognize supply chain executives, and manufacturing and non-manufacturing enterprises, that are leading initiatives to help prepare their companies’ supply chains for the significant challenges of today’s business climate.
- Bob Sanders, Senior Vice President and General Manager of Data Capture Solutions, was named one of Long Island’s 100 Most Influential People by the Long Island Press.
- Julie Johnson, Vice President of Product Management, was named one of Crain’s Chicago Notable Women in STEM for serving as a leader and role model in science, tech, engineering and mathematics.
- Michael Mughetto, Vice President of Channel Sales, was named one of CRN’s 2020 Channel Chiefs for his leadership in driving Zebra’s channel agenda and evangelizing the importance of channel partnership. All Channel Chief honorees are selected by CRN's editorial staff on the basis of their professional achievements, standing in the industry, dedication to the channel partner community and strategies for driving future growth and innovation.
- Gail Goebel, National Channel Sales Director, was named to the 2020 CRN Women of the Channel list for efforts in helping to drive channel success.
Company-Wide Collaborations and a Culture of Caring
- Zebra received the Red Cross 2020 Wesbury Award for its efforts to “enhance the visibility of the local Red Cross and help it deliver services and messages of health, safety and preparedness to all communities.”
- Zebra ranked #3 out of 25 midsize companies on IDG’s Insider Pro and Computerworld’s 2020 Best Places to Work in IT list.
- Zebra ranked #1703 out of 2000 on the Forbes Global 2000 World’s Largest Public Companies list.
- Zebra ranked #17 on Crain’s Chicago Business Research and Development Labs list.
- The Zebra™ PartnerConnect program was named a 2020 5-Star Partner Program by CRN.
- Zebra was named an Excellent Solution Provider for Industrial IoT during the e-works Smart Manufacturing IT Application Appraisal in China.
- Logistik Heute magazine in Germany named Zebra the Beste Logistik Marke (Brand) 2020 in the “Labelling & Identification” category for having the highest reputation among supply chain managers, logistics managers and experts in German-speaking countries.
- Zebra and its customer, Saddle Creek Logistics Services, were recognized by Supply & Demand Chain Executive as one of the 100 Top Supply Chain Transformations for 2020. Together, they enabled the expansion of Saddle Creek’s omnichannel operations by integrating Android mobile computers and a cloud-based warehouse management system (WMS). Read the full case study here.
- The Zebra L10 Android Tablet and HD4000 Head-mounted Display both received Excellent Product recognition during the e-works Smart Manufacturing IT Application Appraisal in China.
- The Zebra ZQ630 RFID Printer received an IoT Star Award in the RFID printer category for being an Innovative Product.
- The Zebra EC30 and XSLATE L10 were named to the 50 Coolest Mobile Devices of the 2020 CRN Mobile 100.
- The Zebra DS9908-HD hybrid imager was named “Best Clinical Administration Hardware Device” and awarded a 2020 MedTech Breakthrough Award.
- Zebra received Chicago Athenaeum Good Design Awards for the ZC100/300 printers and MC9300 mobile computer.
Cheers to all! We are proud of you!
- A Time to Celebrate
- On a Roll: Zebra Named a “World’s Best Employer” by Forbes
- Exclusive Interview with Two of Zebra’s Top Execs: “What’s Really Driving Our Growth”
- Meet the Man Behind ZEAL: Zebra’s Equality Alliance
- 2019 Was as Good as Gold
- These are Two of the Top Women in PR – And They’re Both Zebras!
Want Our Bi-Weekly Blog Roundup?
Subscribe to Zebra's Blog
Prefer Real-Time Notifications?
Get the RSS feeds
Search the Blog
Are You a Zebra Developer?
Find more technical discussions on our Developer Portal blog.
Reflexis is Now Part of Zebra Technologies
Visit the Reflexis blog for more retail, hospitality and banking-related insights.
Fetch Robotics is Now Part of Zebra Technologies
Visit the Fetch blog for robotics-related insights.
Looking for more expert insights?
Visit the Zebra Story Hub for more interviews, news, and industry trend analysis.