Lincolnshire, Ill. – Jan. 20, 2015 – Zebra Technologies Corporation (NASDAQ: ZBRA), a global leader in products and services that provide real-time visibility into organisations’ assets, people and transactions, announced today that it will be showcasing its Zatar cloud-based Internet of Things (IoT) platform at the M2M Evolution Conference & Expo, to be held Jan. 27-30, 2015 at the Miami Beach Convention Center in Miami, Florida.
At M2M Evolution, attendees will learn how Machine-to-Machine (M2M) technologies and the Internet of Things can be utilized to significantly improve business processes, minimize risk, spur innovation and drive revenue. Visit Zebra at M2M Evolution booth #201 and learn more about how from RFID to simple sensors, Zatar can connect with a broad spectrum of devices for M2M and Machine-to-Application Services.
- Zebra Technologies will demonstrate its enterprise-class, standards-based, cloud IoT platform, Zatar, to show how IoT significantly enhances business processes.
- Zebra, which recently acquired Motorola Solutions’ Enterprise business, serves 95% of Fortune 500 customers. As enterprise customers invest in IoT solutions, they can leverage an enterprise-ready, standards-based IoT platform like Zatar to capture immediate benefits.
- Forrester Consulting conducted a commissioned Nov. 2014 study on behalf of Zebra which shows that nearly 65 percent of surveyed firms have deployed or are in the process of implementing IoT solutions.
- The Zatar IoT demos at M2M Evolution will include connected digital signage that leverages Bluetooth low energy beacons for proximity, RFID tags for product identification and a Raspberry Pi computer as a host and controller to deliver a superior experience to retail customers. The demo will highlight the use of standards-based REST API to connect apps to devices and the standards-based, efficient IoT protocol, CoAP, which is used in the Open Mobile Alliance’s proposed Lightweight M2M (LWM2M) standard.
- Zebra is a member of The Open Mobile Alliance and active in the LWM2M standardization and promotion activities.
Seth Newberry, general manager, Open Mobile Alliance
“The Open Mobile Alliance is happy to see OMA member companies such as Zebra Technologies exhibiting and speaking at M2M Evolution about the Internet of Things cloud service, Zatar. One of our newest members, Zebra brings exceptional technology and market experience to OMA. We look forward to its contributions to M2M-related specifications at OMA including Lightweight M2M .”
Philip Gerskovich, senior vice president, New Growth Platforms, Zebra Technologies
“At Zebra, our goal is to create smart, connected workplaces which give businesses visibility into their operations and allow them to engage their customers at the right level with the right information. Successful enterprises win by giving customers personalised experiences that build relationships, and we believe that the Internet of Things is the glue that advances customer loyalty.”
About Zebra Technologies
Zebra (NASDAQ: ZBRA) makes businesses as smart and connected as the world we live in. Zebra tracking and visibility solutions transform the physical to digital, creating the data streams enterprises need to simplify operations, know more about their businesses, and empower their mobile workforces.
Zebra Media Contact:
Therese Van Ryne
Zebra Industry Analyst Contact:
Phone: +1-224- 316-0066
©2015 ZIH Corp. Zebra, the Zebra head graphic and Zebra Technologies logo are trademarks of ZIH Corp, registered in many jurisdictions worldwide. All rights reserved. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.