This press release was issued by Motorola Solutions Enterprise business prior to its acquisition by Zebra Technologies on Oct. 27, 2014.
China, Beijing– May 27, 2013 – Motorola Solutions, Inc. (NYSE: MSI), a leading provider of mission-critical communication solutions and services for enterprise and government customers, has released the highly efficient and economical SB1 Smart Badge mobile device for retail industry associates and healthcare workers. The Smart Badge helps in improving their work efficiency which in turn helps in delivery to their customers and patients with high quality and reliable services.
- Arising from a belief that innovation is at the heart of any service, Motorola presents the latest of smart mobile devices, the SB1 Smart Badge, which breathes “positive energy” into the retail and healthcare industries, providing their customers with high quality services. The SB1 Smart Badge is a convenient mobile device, combining powerful data functions and simple and easy to use features all in one device, which could be named an exceptionally skilled “ID badge.”
- The SB1 Smart Badge is compact and lightweight, weighing a mere 110 grams, and can be worn by retail associates and healthcare workers. Its 3-inch display can be inverted and is easy to read at any angle. The SB1 Smart Badge is also extremely durable, and one charge lasts for more than 14 hours, enough to power more than one shift. The SB1’s display screen can display an associate’s name, photo and even a promotional slogan, both identifying and assisting an associate to send and receive information.
- Leveraging a light and easy to use form factor, coupled with powerful & smart functions:
- Enterprise-class functions: the SB1 Smart Badge supports both 1D and 2D enterprise-class bar code scanning, providing associates with complete product information. Workers can simply log in to access their personal task list and messages with SB1, resulting in a far more cost-effective solution for enterprises.
- Supports task sharing: associates and healthcare workers can easily use the SB1’s secure and stable WLAN connections to obtain voice and data functions.
- After getting an SB1 “ID badge,” company associates and healthcare workers can, at any time, make a call or check their personal task lists, allowing users to accept tasks and confirm their completion, greatly promoting their company’s work efficiency.
- SB1 helps workers to stay connected: on one hand, SB1 ensures that collaboration is smooth and unhindered, while on the other hand, it optimizes a team’s efficiency.
Michael Jiang, president & country manager, Motorola Solutions (China) Co., Ltd.
“The leading technologies from Motorola Solutions, which are present in all of our products, are the results of meticulous research and development. The compact and refined SB1 Smart Badge has been launched and I am convinced that it will bring a completely new service paradigm to workers from all kinds of industries, such as retail and healthcare. This technology will greatly support enterprises to improve customer and patient service and increase staff efficiency.”
MOTOROLA, MOTO, MOTOROLA SOLUTIONS and the Stylized M Logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Motorola Trademark Holdings, LLC and are used under license. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. ©2012 Motorola Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.