This press release was issued by Motorola Solutions Enterprise business prior to its acquisition by Zebra Technologies on Oct. 27, 2014.
Cayman Islands – March 25, 2014 – Motorola Solutions Inc. (NYSE: MSI) announced that the Ritz-Carlton Grand Cayman has deployed Motorola’s WLAN wireless solution throughout the hotel to provide its guests with exceptional service. The Ritz-Carlton found Motorola’s WLAN technology to be a stable, reliable and scalable solution that helps improve guest satisfaction, especially during the highest demand times each day.
Hotel guests enjoy high-performance Internet for web access and data streaming from any area of the hotel, including conference rooms. The WLAN technology also offers enhanced service to the hotel staff who can be more effective and quick in their response to any guest requirement.
- The Motorola WLAN solution offers high-speed connectivity at 2.4 and 5 GHz to all hotel guests, with functionalities pertaining to WiNG 5 technology, such as smart power and traffic management, roaming and security.
- WLAN access points (APs) provide safe connectivity and reliable business performance for any environment, both indoors and outdoors.
- The solution is managed on a centralized basis with a RFS7000 wireless controller, AP622, AP6562 and AP8132.
- Data, video, and voice applications may be supported by this solution, which offers Quality of Service (QoS).
- This solution was deployed in association with Guest-tek, a worldwide leader in technology integration for the hotel industry.
Jerry Ulrich, vice president, Information Technology at Marriott International Caribbean
“We are pleased to be working with Motorola Solutions at The Ritz-Carlton Grand Cayman. Motorola was selected for this five diamond hotel because their solution meets our Global Property Network Standards which are designed to provide reliable Internet services for our guests to remain connected with colleagues, family and friends.”
Thomas Moore, director, Retail & Hospitality, Motorola Solutions North America
"We are very proud that the Ritz-Carlton has chosen our WLAN wireless communication solution and has allowed us to furnish a tool that will stand behind their promise to provide their guests with unforgettable connectivity."
Website: Motorola Solutions Hospitality
Website: Motorola Solutions Wireless LAN
Website: Next Generation Enterprise Mobility
Facebook: Motorola Solutions
MOTOROLA, MOTOROLA SOLUTIONS and the Stylized M Logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Motorola Trademark Holdings, LLC and are used under license. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. ©2014 Motorola Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.