LINCOLNSHIRE, Ill. – June 24, 2015 – Zebra Technologies Corporation (NASDAQ: ZBRA), a global leader in products and services that provide real-time visibility into organizations’ assets, people and transactions, today announced Bill Burns as senior vice president of the company’s Enterprise Visibility and Mobility (EVM) unit, which includes mobile computing, data capture and wireless LAN products and solutions. Mr. Burns brings nearly 30 years of experience focused on bringing commercially successful products and services to market for technology companies. In his new role, Mr. Burns will report directly to CEO, Anders Gustafsson.
- Bill Burns most recently served as Chief Executive Officer of Embrane, a leading provider of application-centric network services and virtual appliance lifecycle management and an ecosystem partner for Cisco’s Application Centric Infrastructure. The company was acquired by Cisco on April 10, 2015.
- At Embrane, Mr. Burns was responsible for capitalizing on core technology and spearheading the company’s overall strategy and execution, as well as establishing an extensive partner ecosystem while increasing Embrane’s market exposure.
- Prior to Embrane, Mr. Burns was Chief Executive Officer at Spirent Communications, a global leader in test and measurement solutions within development labs, communications networks and IT organizations. In this role, he notably established Spirent as the number one or two market leader across each of its segments and delivered best-in-class financial results.
- Mr. Burns held various executive and sales leadership roles at Tellabs, Inc., now Coriant, a mobile backhaul and packet optical network equipment supplier to the world’s leading communications providers.
- He received his MBA from Temple University, a B.S. degree in Business Administration from Misericordia University and an Associate Degree in Engineering from Pennsylvania State University. He is active in his community and has chaired the American Heart Association Silicon Valley Heart Walk for the past two years.
- Mr. Burns will be relocating to Zebra’s Holtsville, New York, facility, which is the center of excellence for Zebra’s mobile computing, data capture and wireless LAN products and solutions.
Anders Gustafsson, chief executive officer, Zebra Technologies
“Bill brings an outstanding track record of leading corporations and business units, driving profitable growth and achieving superior performance. His extensive experience managing technology companies speaks for itself, and I am confident he will serve as an excellent leader for our EVM unit.”
Bill Burns, senior vice president, Enterprise Visibility and Mobility, Zebra Technologies
“I am excited to be joining Zebra Technologies and to be leading the EVM team. We have both a talented and dedicated organization in place to build the future of enterprise asset intelligence, and I look forward to working alongside them to create new, exciting opportunities for our customers and partners.”
About Zebra Technologies
Zebra (NASDAQ: ZBRA) makes businesses as smart and connected as the world we live in. Zebra tracking and visibility solutions transform the physical to digital, creating the data streams enterprises need to simplify operations, know more about their businesses, and empower their mobile workforces.
Therese Van Ryne
Industry Analyst Relations Contact:
Zebra Technologies, Zebra and the Zebra logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Zebra Technologies Corporation and are used under license. Android is a trademark of Google, Inc. Apple® and iOS® are registered trademarks of Apple Computer, Inc. Third-party trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners. ©2015 Zebra Technologies Corporation. All rights reserved.