LINCOLNSHIRE, Ill. – Sept. 17, 2015 – Zebra Technologies Corporation (NASDAQ: ZBRA), a global leader in solutions and services that provide real-time visibility into organisations’ assets, people and transactions, today unveiled new services designed to help organisations successfully migrate their business applications to next generation technologies. Enterprises are modernizing their mobile environments to mitigate end-of-life operating system (OS) support timelines and accelerate improved customer experiences and increased productivity while capturing emerging new business models made possible with next generation mobility. Zebra’s new portfolio of service offerings coupled with innovative technology and toolsets, will enable customers to accelerate the adoption of new mobility strategies with next generation devices and newer OS at a lower cost, with a lower risk of downtime.
- Zebra's comprehensive Software Application Services offer end-to-end services to help with every phase of application migration including virtualization, re-engineering, rewriting and ongoing support.
- The new Application Virtualization Service can demonstrate large customer applications running in next generation mobile environments within weeks as opposed to months or years after a rewrite. This dramatically accelerates time-to-market while lowering costs and reducing incompatibility risks as an alternative to rewriting apps by re-using existing code and delivering like-for-like functionality on new devices and OS.
- In addition, a new prototyping process helps businesses identify and test what's possible with next generation mobile technology and create a functional that is delivered within days, helping customers decide on the optimal environment.
- Application re-engineering and rewriting services deliver expert consultancy to redesign and rewrite applications for business processes and user experiences that will maximize productivity. For customers and partners requiring a development team, Zebra's Software Application Services team offers end-to-end service assistance with every phase of application migration including help desk and ongoing technical support.
- Zebra also offers activation and support services to businesses and channel partners managing application development migration efforts to help reduce the risk, time and cost associated with application development and deployment.
- All of these services are available through Zebra’s extensive partner network. Activation and support services are also available for customer- or third party-developed applications.
Greg Billings, vice president, Global Services and Solutions, Zebra Technologies
“Zebra is committed to helping our customers and partners achieve real business results as they modernize their mobile environments. Enterprises are facing complex decisions and change management challenges as they navigate the increasing options in next generation devices, OS, business applications and adoption by their end users. Zebra’s Professional Services team is ready to guide customers and partners through the process and ensure smooth migrations and successful new business outcomes.”
Learn more about Zebra: Zebra Technologies
Learn more about Zebra’s App Virtualization Service: iFactr
Follow Zebra on Facebook: Zebra Technologies
Follow Zebra on Twitter: @ZebraTechnology
Download the full PDF
About Zebra Technologies
Zebra (NASDAQ: ZBRA) makes businesses as smart and connected as the world we live in. Zebra tracking and visibility solutions transform the physical to digital, creating the data streams enterprises need to simplify operations, know more about their businesses, and empower their mobile workforces. For more information, visit www.zebra.com.
Industry Analyst Contact:
Zebra Technologies, Zebra and the Zebra logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Zebra Technologies Corporation and are used under license. Microsoft and Windows are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation. Third-party trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners. ©2015 Zebra Technologies Corporation. All rights reserved.