Milan – Feb. 18, 2015 - The Miroglio Group, an international leader in the fashion and textile industry, selected Zebra Technologies’ (NASDAQ: ZBRA) wireless LAN (WLAN) solution to optimize information processes and transform them into a single omnichannel workflow. This selection was done as part of an overhaul plan that involved all the Italian companies in the Group: four buildings at its headquarters in Alba, the Milan offices and the entire stores channel.
The Wi-Fi connection allows Miroglio to design new services to facilitate store management and enhance customer experience through new "touch points" such as mobile POS terminals, interactive totems and magic mirrors.
- The Zebra Technologies system, designed and supplied to Miroglio through its Turin-based partner Teleservizi, is extremely scalable and helps ensure security and the highest levels of access and data exchange.
- The AirDefense Services Platform ensures Miroglio full control over the workflows, with non-stop network monitoring and new analytical information in the form of detailed reports, updated in real time. With the new system, all status information can be displayed through a centralized dashboard, with provisioning capabilities that allow proactive intervention modes in the case of errors. The system's flexibility allows Miroglio to configure and prioritize traffic based on user and access profiles.
- The centralized WLAN management and new control modes implemented through a customized dashboard are based on the AirDefense Services Platform.
- Miroglio’s new Wi-Fi system works with high-performing AP 6521 access points alongside existing AP 5131 access points. The infrastructure comes complete with rugged handheld devices for front and back office management (restocking/stock management) and Zebra mobile printers for pricing garments, saving time during peak promotion periods.
- Zebra’s AirDefense allows advanced control over wireless security and WLAN infrastructure management, which fully meets the Miroglio Group's needs in terms of monitoring its wireless network. It features remote connectivity troubleshooting and provides a reliable, risk-free wireless network. The AP 6521 maximizes network availability through a central pre-emptive system able to dynamically detect weak or failing signals and securely move mobile users to alternative access points. It can also automatically boost signal strength to fill any radio coverage gaps and ensure uninterrupted user access.
- Zebra acquired Motorola Solutions’ Enterprise business, including the AirDefense Services Platform, in October 2014.
Luciano Manini, CTO, Miroglio Group
"We wanted to make intercompany communication uniform throughout the supply chain. Each of our stores previously had local software and a whole range of different devices and equipment which were difficult to manage. Today, we use a single centralized platform to manage the corporate portal, CRM, email, all sales reporting, press round-ups, payroll, time and attendance management, and the entire document management process."
Sergio Lenti, account manager, Teleservizi Srl, a Zebra channel partner
"Our goal was to provide the Miroglio Group with the best solution together with the best technological expertise and experience in providing connectivity services. To meet its new communication infrastructure management, security and speed standards, we proposed the AirDefense Services Platform which helps Miroglio drastically reduce its total cost of ownership and achieve a quicker ROI from its WLAN solution."
Daniele Schinelli, country manager, Enterprise Business Italy, Zebra Technologies
"Customers want flexibility, accessibility and affordability when it comes to their wireless networks. We are extremely pleased we have helped the Miroglio Group to achieve higher capacity and a more flexible network and satisfy more users with a less complicated, more cost-effective solution."
About The Miroglio Group
Miroglio is an Italian industrial group with headquarters in Alba (Cuneo). It is an international leader in the fashion and textile industry and is present in 34 countries with 49 operative companies, six production plants and more than 2,000 monobrand stores. It boasts an annual production capacity of 18 million garments. Miroglio creates, produces and distributes eight branded collections in the women's fashion sector (Motivi, Caractére, Elena Mirò, Diana Gallesi, Fiorella Rubino, Oltre, Per te by Krizia and Luisa Viola) and covers some prêt-à-porter and fast fashion market segments.
Teleservizi offers solutions for optimizing supply chain processes by providing the retail, manufacturing and logistics market with B2B integration solutions and services, warehouse management software (WMS), store management software (back and front office), and data collection and mobile computing projects on portable terminals, tablets, and iOS and Android smartphones. Teleservizi also provides remote control and help desk services and creates highly complex web projects. For more information, visit www.teleservizi.it.
About Zebra Technologies
Zebra (NASDAQ: ZBRA) makes businesses as smart and connected as the world we live in. Zebra tracking and visibility solutions transform the physical to digital, creating the data streams enterprises need to simplify operations, know more about their businesses, and empower their mobile workforces.
Media and Industry Analyst Contact:
Zebra Technologies, Zebra and the Zebra logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Zebra Technologies Corporation and are used under license. Third-party trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners. ©2015 Zebra Technologies Corporation. All rights reserved.