LINCOLNSHIRE, Ill. – Jan. 7, 2016 – Zebra Technologies Corporation (NASDAQ: ZBRA), a global leader in solutions and services that provide real-time visibility into organisations’ assets, people and transactions, today introduced the TC8000enterprise mobile computer, a landmark innovation in warehousing technology that will drive significant gains in productivity and decrease worker fatigue. The ergonomic, lightweight TC8000 mobile computeroffers an innovative design that reduces muscle effort by eliminating the need for “tilt and verify” motions warehouseworkers repeatedly conduct with traditional devices. Shaving seconds off each repetitive motion saves one hour per worker per shift – increasing productivity by an average of 14 percent based on workflow.
Zebra worked with users around the globe to completely re-think, re-design and re-engineer industrial mobile computers based on deep research and human factors analysis. The result is the new rugged Android™-based TC8000 mobile computer - 33 percent lighter than traditional mobile computers and requiring less muscle effort and reduced wrist motion to help increase the productivity of warehouse workers. It also reduces training time and makes data entry significantly faster and more accurate in challenging industrial settings.
- Designed for warehouses, third-party logistics, manufacturingand back-of-store retail environments, the TC8000 offers triple-shift battery power and can be used for warehouse management, price audits, store receiving, inventory management, voice-directed picking(VDP) and supply-line replenishment applications.
- The TC8000 automatically updates legacy Terminal Emulation (TE) “green screens” into modern, graphics-based All-touch Terminal Emulationscreens without requiring IT to modify back-end systems. The highly intuitive user experience on the TC8000’s large touchscreen not only reduces the number of interactions required to complete a task but also increases accuracy.
- The TC8000 is available with Zebra’s most advanced scanning engine and the industry’s first hands-free proximity scanner in a handheld device, which can be enabled from a hip holster, presentation holster or a cart mount. Coupled with Zebra’s SimulScan Document Capture, it is now easy to capture multiple bar codes and entire forms with a single scan.
- Zebra OneCare Support Service contracts can significantly reduce unforeseen support expenses for the TC8000 by providing comprehensive coverage, technical support, software updates and unique device diagnostics that will detect WLAN connectivity, memory and battery issues helping improve mobile worker productivity and reducing downtime.
- Zebra will debut the TC8000 in booth #1603 at the 2016 NRF BIG Show being held on Jan. 17-20, 2016, at the Jacob K. Javits Convention Centre in New York City.
Bill Burns, senior vice president, Enterprise Visibility and Mobility, Zebra Technologies
“The TC8000 mobile computer represents the greatest advancement in warehouse technology in more than two decades with its revolutionary design contributing to an extra hour of productivity per worker per shift without disrupting existing IT systems. Warehouses are evolving from simplified operations to tightly integrated profit centres as companies increasingly rely on analytics to drive business decisions. The TC8000 will help warehouse workers be more efficient and deliver more accurate information, ultimately helping businesses operate more profitably.”
Jim Bonner, general manager, Exel Logistics
“I believe the TC8000 is a game changer in the warehouse. Our IT staff and warehouse operators have been testing the product and the feedback has been overwhelmingly positive for its lightweight design and ease of use. Our operations managers and supervisors are expecting significant improvements in productivity. The innovative ergonomic design with the heads up display, and ease of use for new workers will quickly become the industry standard for warehouse mobile computing.”
Jeff Cashman, senior vice president, Manhattan Associates
“Our long-standing relationship with Zebra Technologies has historically brought innovation and value to our customers. The TC8000 is a smart, rugged and strikingly designed device that can help our customers increase associate engagement and realize next-generation productivity gains throughout their warehouses.”
Video: TC8000 Mobile Computer
Photography: TC8000 Mobile Computer
Learn more about Zebra: Zebra Technologies
Follow Zebra on Facebook: Zebra Technologies
Follow Zebra on Twitter: @ZebraTechnology
Download the PDF
About Zebra Technologies
Zebra (NASDAQ: ZBRA) makes businesses as smart and connected as the world we live in. Zebra tracking and visibility solutions transform the physical to digital, creating the data streams enterprises need to simplify operations, know more about their businesses, and empower their mobile workforces. For more information, visit www.zebra.com.
Industry Analyst Contact:
Zebra Technologies, Zebra and the Zebra logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Zebra Technologies Corporation and are used under license. Android is a trademark of Google, Inc. Third-party trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners. ©2016 Zebra Technologies Corporation. All rights reserved.