Is It Time to Replace Your Printer? Here are Five Ways to Tell.
Many printers have a very long lifespan. But it is possible to use a printer too long.
It’s quite common for Zebra printers to outlast their service plans. So, we often have customers ask if it’s okay to keep using their printers after the standard support period ends. Ultimately, the decision will be up to you. But Cameron Syed and I have put together a short video explaining five reasons why you might want to replace your legacy printer with a newer model sooner than later:
- You don’t want printers to become a point of vulnerability in your business networks (which they can without proper updates).
- Printer software, and therefore printer useability, is always improving. You want to make it as easy as possible for a new worker to use the printer.
- The cost of maintenance for an older printer might be more than the cost of replacement.
- There might come a time when you can’t even get the parts needed to properly maintain the printer and keep it running.
- There are trade-up programs available now to make the migration to a new printer (or printer fleet) simple and cost efficient.
If you’d like to chat about your printer status and whether now is the right time to replace it, you can reach Cameron and me on LinkedIn. Alternatively, you can contact your local Zebra representative for an assessment.
Zebra’s Success Story library is full of stories about how customers upgraded their legacy printers and saw instant improvements in workflow efficiency and worker productivity. Many also saw customer satisfaction increase and operational costs decrease. I encourage you to do a scan for the many printer-related stories. You may also find these resources helpful:
Ask the Expert: Are My Printers Really a Source of Security? Or Just Another Point of Vulnerability?
This is the Easiest Way to Monitor the Performance of All Your Zebra Print DNA Printers
If You’re Still Using a Zebra G-Series Desktop Printer, Its Probably Time for a New Printer. Here’s Why.
More Than Just a Face Lift: Zebra ZT400-Series Industrial Printers Receive Game-Changing Upgrades
Printer Performance Can Still Make or Break Business Performance in the Digital Age. (Perhaps Even More Than Ever.)
Ever Wonder Why Zebra Mobile Computers, Scanners or Printers are Just Easier to Deploy, Manage and Use Than Others? Or Why They Last Longer?
Want Our Bi-Weekly Blog Roundup?
Subscribe to Zebra's Blog
Prefer Real-Time Notifications?
Get the RSS feeds
Search the Blog
Are You a Zebra Developer?
Find more technical discussions on our Developer Portal blog.
Reflexis is Now Part of Zebra Technologies
Visit the Reflexis blog for more retail, hospitality and banking-related insights.
Fetch Robotics is Now Part of Zebra Technologies
Visit the Fetch blog for robotics-related insights.
Looking for more expert insights?
Visit the Zebra Story Hub for more interviews, news, and industry trend analysis.