Zebra XSLATE R12 Rugged Tablet
The tablet that transforms to match your work style. Rugged redefined.
Think you need a desktop, laptop, and rugged tablet to excel at the tasks you complete in the office, in-vehicle, and in the field? You don’t...anymore. You just need the highly mobile, extremely flexible and always resilient XSLATE® R12 tablet PC. The transformational tablet device gives you all the high performance features and complete computing functions you need in a single platform.
The XSLATE R12 is a next-generation tablet designed to be the only computer you’ll need. It is one of the fastest rugged tablets on the market today and features powerful 2-in-1 capabilities with a magnetically attached Companion Keyboard that’s always on standby and never in the way. You’ll also have the clarity of one of the industry’s brightest 12.5” displays, and easy-to-use touch, pen, voice, and camera inputs.
Appeal to the Workforce
This transformational rugged tablet PC will go with the flow and manage a task list as diverse as yours:
- Quality Assurance
- Inventory Management
- Safety Audits and Compliance Reporting
- Asset Monitoring and Control
- Maintenance and Repair Scheduling and Completion
- Claims Processing
- Engineering/Construction Project Management
- Incident Reporting
- Dispatch and Routing (GPS)
- Mapping/GIS Asset Location
- Situational Awareness
- Evidence Documentation
- Ticketing and eCitations
- Electronic Patient Care Reporting (ePCR)/Electronic Health Records (EHR)
- Emergency Response Planning and Management
The XSLATE R12 offers more high performance feature options than any tablet PC in its class. You can pair powerful 7th generation Intel® processors with Windows® 10 Professional. Attach an RJ45 + RS232 True Serial port dongle. Or add the SlateMate™ module to automatically gain a true serial port, barcode reader and HF RFID reader for easy point of service data acquisition. If you’re a multi-tasker who needs consistency – and options – you’ll get everything you need in one rugged tablet.
This rugged tablet is built to keep your TCO low and ROI high, especially as mobility demands grow. It’s ready for the field and front office, patrol car and factory, present and future. Expandable SSD, storage, and memory components keep pace with rising data demands. This level of connectivity ensures you never lose touch with workers, legacy equipment, and evolving business systems. You’ll have complete situational awareness in real-time and customer service advantages at all times. And with certification on leading public service networks, including AT&T FirstNet and Verizon Response, first responders have the reliable connections they need when emergencies overload the public networks.
Do you need a single mobile computer platform that matches any one of your workers’ tech styles, and every one of your workflow requirements? No problem. The XSLATE R12 is prepared to multi-task in demanding work environments. With its highly responsive pen and touch input capabilities, magnetically-attached Companion Keyboard, adaptable form factor, and customized mounting options, this powerful rugged tablet gives all of your workers the flexibility to quickly and comfortably complete any task at hand – even when it looks like a notebook or desktop.
Choose Accessories to Maximize Your Mobility Investment
|XSLATE R12 Accessories|
Thin, light Bluetooth wireless keyboard that can store on the back of the tablet in the included easel. With the easel closed, the keyboard recharges while it’s being carried, so it’s always ready to use. Its micro USB port supports external power too.
Desktop Docking Station
Secure Mobile Dock
Desktop docking station that holds the tablet in place and provides port replication.
Secure Mobile Dock (for vehicle or tabletop)
Secures tablet in a vehicle, provides port replication and offers optional antenna pass-through with (3) connectors.
|SlateMate Data Acquisition Mobile (Barcode Reader and High Frequency RFID)|
SlateMate Data Acquisition Mobile
This factory installed option adds a 2D barcode reader and High Frequency RFID reader, plus a true serial port, to the bottom of the tablet. The R12 still fits in the docks and cases while the SlateMate is attached.
|Work Anywhere Kit (case, shoulder strap, carry handle, screen cover)|
Work Anywhere Kit
Includes case, shoulder strap, carry handle and screen cover to provide ease of use on the move and added protection for the tablet.
|Additional Digitizer Pen|
Spare pen for writing on the standard active digitizer display. Keep one in your pocket so you don’t have to remove the included one from its silo.
Charge a single additional battery so you can start the shift with a fully charged extra battery.
Full sized battery to hot swap into the back of the tablet to double battery life.
- 4 ft. drop tested onto plywood over concrete
|Hazardous Environment||Class 1 Division 2 for hazardous locations
|Case: Internal||Magnesium-alloy internal frame
|Operating System||• Windows® 10 Professional 64-bit
• Intel® Core™ i7 vPro - 7600U
|Memory||• 4GB (Celeron® 3865U only)
• 128 GB SSD (M.2 SATA or PCIe)
|Display||• 12.5 in. Wide Viewing Angle Display
• Full-HD Resolution (1920 x 1080)
- 1000 Nit Display Brightness
- Anti-Smudge and Anti-Reflective
View Anywhere® Display
• Corning® Gorilla® Glass 3
• Capacitive 10-Point Touch
• Wacom Digital Pen Input (stylus included)
• Standard user replaceable anti-glare screen protector
- 3H hardness
|Graphics||• Intel HD Graphics 620 for i7-7500U, i7-7600U
• Intel HD Graphics 610 for Celeron® 3865U
• Intel HD Graphics 520 for i5-7200U
|Camera||• 8 MP rear camera
• 2 MP front camera
|Integrated Communications||Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 8260 Wi-Fi plus Bluetooth® 4.2
• Optional Internal Wireless (1 expansion slot)
- Sierra Wireless EM7455 (NA and EU)
4G LTE with GNSS (GPS + GLONASS + Beidou Verizon Response certified4
- Sierra Wireless EM7511 (NA)
LTE-Advanced with GNSS receiver
(GPS + GLONASS + BeiDou + Galileo)
AT&T FirstNet Ready and Verizon Response certified
- Sierra Wireless EM7430 (APAC)
4G LTE with GNSS (GPS + GLONASS + Beidou)4
- Navisys Technology (u-blox)
GPS with SBAS (WAAS, EGNOS and MSAS)
• Three antenna pass-throughs for MIMO WWAN and GPS
|Ports||• Docking connector
• USB 3.0 port
• HDMI port
• 3.5 mm audio output (stereo out, mono in)
• Micro-SIM Card Slot (3FF)
• Micro-SDHC port
|Integrated Options||• Optional 1D/2D Barcode Reader via SlateMate®
• Optional 13.56 MHz HF RFID with read/write
capability via SlateMate®
• Optional RS232 True Serial Port via Dongle
• Optional RJ45 Gigabit Ethernet Port via Dongle
• Optional Integrated CAC/Smart Card Reader
|Battery Life and Power||• Battery operation
– 45 WHr standard battery: up to 9 hours1
• Battery charge time
– Standard battery: 2.75 hours with system off2
• Standard bridge battery (1 minute swap time)
– Hot swap battery feature standard
• Input Voltage: 19V with included AC Adapter
|Dimensions / Weight||• 12.93 in. x 8.17 in. x .75 in. (328.5 mm x 207.5 mm x 19 mm)
• 2.95 lbs (1.34 kg)³
|Security||• Integrated Fingerprint Reader
• Trusted Platform Module (TPM) 2.0
• Optional CAC / SmartCard reader
|Audio||• Intel® High Definition Audio
• Realtek® HD Codec
• RealTek noise cancellation
• Multi-directional array microphone
- 3 microphones (2 front facing array mic’s and 1 rear facing mic)
• 2 Integrated speakers
|Status Indicators||• Power/Battery Status
• Camera Active
• SSD Activity
|Software||• Know Your Tablet
• Pen and Touch Enabled BIOS Setup
• xCapture Pro™ Camera App
• RFID Sample Reader (SlateMate™)
• Barcode Reader (SlateMate™)
|Warranty Information||• 3 year standard coverage included
• Extended Warranty and OneCare Programs available
|• ACPI 5.0 compliant
• UEFI BIOS
• Certified for Microsoft Windows 10 Client family
version 1607, x64
• Microsoft Azure Certified for IoT
|IEC Ingress Testing||• IEC (60529) Ingress Tested to an IP54 Standard|
|Environmental||Tested to MIL-STD-810G Standards
|Operating Temperature||-20°C to 60°C / -4°F to 140°
|Storage Temperature||-30°C to 70°C / -22°F to 158°F
|Transit Drop||Operating: 4 ft. (1.22 m) Drop Direct to Plywood over Concrete while System is Operating, 26 Drops
|Vibration||Minimum Integrity Non-operating, US
Highway Truck and Composite Wheel Operating
|Shock||20G Operating, 40G non-operating
|Humidity||23°C to 60°C / 73°F to 140°F, 95% NonCondensing, 10 Days
|Water Proofness||506.5, 140L/hr, per sq/m, 15 Minutes
|Blowing Sand||20M/S, rate 1.1g/m3 (+/-.3g) at High Temperature of 60°C
|Blowing Dust||Velocity 8.9M/s Dust Concentration 3.9 g/m3 at High Temperature of 60°C
|Temperature Shock||-30°C to 70°C / -22°F to 158°F
within 5 Minutes
|Contamination by Fluids||50/50 Solution of Water
and Bleach, 50/50 Solution of Water and Hydrogen Peroxide, Diesel Fuel, Mineral Based Oil, Lysol Disinfectant, Denatured Alcohol, Isopropyl Alcohol
|Altitude||40,000 ft. (12,192 m) Operating, 50,000 ft.
(15,240m) Non Operating
|Product Safety||• UL/CSA 60950-1, 2nd Ed.
• IEC/EN 60950-1
• AS/NZS 60950-1, 2nd ED.
• LVD Directive 2014/35/EU
• NOM 019
• ANSI/ISA 12.12.01-2013 (Hazardous Location)
|SAR||• FCC OET 65 Supplement C
• CAN/CSA RSS-102 Issue 5, Safety Code 6
• EN 62311, EN 62209-2
|EMC||• FCC Part 15 B, Class B
• CAN/CSA ICES-003, Class B
• EN55032, Class B
• EN 301-489-1
• EN 301-489-17
• EN 301-489-24
• EN 61000-3-2
• EN 61000-3-3
|Environment||• California Proposition 65
• RoHS 2 Directive 2011/65/EU
• WEEE Directive 2012/19/EU
• Battery Waste Directive 2013/56/EU
• EN 62623:2013 ( ErP Lot 3 / Lot 26)
• NMX -1-122-NYCE-2006 (Mexico Energy Consumption)
• Energy Star Compliant
1 Battery performance will vary by system configuration. Battery life and recharge estimates will vary based on system settings, applications, optional features, environmental conditions, battery conditioning and user preferences. MobileMark 2014 performance testing on Intel Core i7
2 Approximate charging time. Validated charging from 5% to 90% with system on or system off.
3 Weight represents approximate system weight measured with a 45WHr battery. Actual system weight may vary depending on component and manufacturing variability.
4 GNSS not available when external monitor is in use.
ZEBRA and the stylized Zebra head are trademarks of Zebra Technologies Corp., registered in many jurisdictions worldwide. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. ©2023 Zebra Technologies Corp. and/or its affiliates.