17. What if I have a multiple facilities or locations with affected PSUs?
You will need to initiate separate requests for each location. Simply enter a group of printers into the website, submit these with their address information, and then, repeat with the next group.
18. If my PSU is recalled, how much will the replacement cost?
Zebra is replacing all affected PSUs identified as part of the voluntary recall at no cost to you - Zebra is covering the costs of both the replacement PSU and any associated shipping.
19. Is Zebra also replacing the AC power cord?
No. Zebra’s voluntary recall only replaces the DC cable assembly and PSU. Since you will need the AC power cord when you receive the replacement PSU, please keep your AC power cord that goes from the AC power adapter to the wall outlet.
20. Can End-Users also have the printer replaced at no charge?
No. Zebra’s voluntary recall does not include replacement of printers, as the remedy is limited to the replacement of the DC PSUs identified as being affected by this recall.
21. If my PSU is recalled, how long will I have to wait for the replacement PSU?
We will ship you a replacement PSU for each affected PSU for which you have submitted a request for replacement. Shipping times can vary based on location; however, it is expected that most replacement PSUs should arrive to you within 7 to 10 days of receipt by Zebra of a request for replacement.
22. What do I do with the recalled PSU(s)?
It will depend on your location.
If you are IN the United States, Zebra will destroy and recycle the affected PSUs associated with the ZP450 recall for you. Zebra will not recycle PSUs associated with previous recalls or other products. Please ship the old, qualifying PSUs that you are replacing back to Zebra as follows:
- Use the packaging / box which the replacement PSU came in to ship each PSU back to Zebra. Simply place it back in the box with the original packing materials, along with a slip of paper providing:
- Your company name; and
- The address where the PSU was being used
- Seal the box and apply the return label provided to you with your replacement PSU.
- Ship the package using UPS and your normal facility process
- Please be sure to keep the A/C power cord to use with the replacement units – DO NOT SHIP THE A/C POWER CORD TO ZEBRA.
If you are OUTSIDE of the United States, please recycle the old, qualifying PSUs in compliance with your local regulations.
Please be sure to keep the A/C power cord to use with the replacement units – DO NOT DISCARD THE A/C POWER CORD.
23. Can I continue to use my recalled DC PSU?
No. To minimize the risk to your business and your users, it is best to immediately stop using any PSU identified as part of this voluntary recall.
24. If my PSU has been recalled, may I continue using my printer while I’m waiting for my replacement PSU?
Yes. Your printer system is unaffected by this recall and may be used with a PSU that is not included in the recall date range.
25. Is it safe to use a third-party PSU in my system?
The safety of so-called “gray market” PSUs is unknown. We encourage customers to use genuine Zebra PSUs supplied by Zebra or authorized Zebra resellers.
26. What should I do if my PSU shows signs of overheating?
You should stop using any affected PSU immediately. If your PSU shows signs of deformity or overheating (typically at the plastic connector which inserts into the printer), immediately unplug your power cord from the wall and contact Zebra to request a replacement via the instructions above.