Topic or Information
Restoring Factory Default settings
ZPL compatible Zebra Desktop Printers such as TLP/LP28XX-Z, 2824 Plus, and G-Series Printers. These printers use the Feed Button for this procedure.
Loading Factory Default settings will restore the printers configuration settings to the original 'out of box' factory settings. Loading the factory default settings can be performed if the printer is not functioning properly and all the routine adjustments, settings, and troubleshooting have been attempted without success. After defaulting it may be necessary to reconfigure some of the settings for your specific application. This may be as simple as sending a label or print job from your application.
Loading Factory Defaults
Feed Button Flash Sequence Details Read More>>
- Prior to loading the factory default settings it is recommended to print a Cancel Test configuration label to reference just in case some of the settings will need to be referenced or re-entered after a default is performed. Depending on the printer symptoms it may not print a current configuration label. Read More>>
- Perform the factory default procedure
- Load the Media and Ribbon (if used)
- Power on the printer
- Hold down the FEED Button and when it completes the four (4) Flash Sequence release it.
- The printer will calibrate the media and then come to printer ready.(Solid Green)
There are methods you can use to return the printer configuration to a host PC. This can be useful if the labels are too small or there are problems with the printer preventing printing.
Sending ZPL or using the Zebra Setup Utility from a Host PC:
- Send the ZPL string ^XA^HH^XZ to the printer to return the settings back to the host. You will need a bi-directional application like Hyper-terminal, Tera-Term, or the Direct Communications windows of the Zebra Setup Utility to receive data back from the printer. Read More>>
- If the printer has a ZebraNet Print Server option, you can view the printer's Web Page and choose the link View Printer Configuration from the printer's Home Page Menu.