This press release was issued by Motorola Solutions Enterprise business prior to its acquisition by Zebra Technologies on Oct. 27, 2014.
SCHAUMBURG, Ill. – Jan. 8, 2014 – Motorola Solutions, Inc. (NYSE: MSI), a leading provider of mission-critical communication solutions and services for enterprise and government customers, will be showcasing its latest retail solutions and innovations in Booth #1501 at the 103rd National Retail Federation (NRF) Annual Convention & EXPO on Jan. 12-15, 2014, at the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center in New York City.
In retail today, shoppers can shop in many ways -- online, in‐store or via mobile -- and then receive their purchases when, where and how they'd like. The shopper’s experience across all these channels can be a retailer’s major differentiator. Expanding on the theme “The Experience is Everything,” Motorola, along with its business partners, will be demonstrating new solutions that help retailers meet the needs of empowered, omni-channel consumers.
- Among the new products, solutions and services on display at NRF will be:
- The DS4800 series of 2D array imagers offer enterprise-class scanning capabilities in a modern industrial design that enhances the ambiance of the retail point of sale (POS) environment. With a “brandable” bezel and melodic feedback tones, the ergonomic DS4800 series will impress shoppers, enhance the brand and keep lines moving at the POS by capturing 1D and 2D bar codes printed on a paper label or displayed on the screen of a mobile phone. The DS4800 series also is the industry’s first scanner to include a capacitive trigger that allows retailers to select the scanning input modality (tap/swipe/press) that will provide optimal productivity and customer experience.
- Motorola’s CC5000 Customer Concierge line offers unique touchscreen-driven self-service platforms that enable retailers to deploy interactive, engaging experiences. These systems can improve customer service as well as enhance and personalize a shopper’s experience, increase sales and help retailers with their omni-channel strategy. Running the Jelly Bean version of the Android operating system (OS), the CC5000 series allows retailers to write their own apps or mix and match Motorola’s optional customisable apps to deliver a superior personalised customer experience today and increase self-service levels in the future.
- CC5000 Communications Suite offers real-time access to live assistance and on-site or remote customer support. Shoppers can engage in an immediate voice or video call, so they never need to search for an associate to answer a question.
- CC5000 Retail Suite helps shoppers search for products, read reviews, look up information and purchase any item not actually located in the store, right on the CC5000, enabling an endless aisle.
- CC5000 Mobile Suite allows shoppers to easily pair their smartphones to the Customer Concierge for a differentiated loyalty, payment and personalization experience.
- The pocket-sized TC55 touch computer combines the best features of a traditional enterprise-class mobile computer with the form factor and functionality of a smartphone running the Jelly Bean version of the Android OS. Designed for use in merchandising, direct store delivery (DSD) and other field-based solutions, the TC55 offers an advanced capacitive touch screen that is brighter both indoors and outdoors. The TC55’s suite of high-performance data capture features helps mobile workers improve customer service efficiency by capturing bar codes, signatures, documents and photos with ease.
- The aesthetically designed FX7500 series of fixed RFID readers offers exceptional UHF RFID performance with Motorola’s new radio technology in a small footprint, enabling retailers to deploy RFID-based item-level and asset management solutions that can improve their in-stock inventory positions on the sales floor so customers can find what they want when they want it. The FX7500 series provides innovative, self-optimizing features that make it easy to use, deploy and manage -- allowing retailers to reliably and efficiently read tags and enable process efficiencies that save time and errors associated with manual inventory.
- Motorola also will showcase several recently introduced solutions:
- The MP6000 multi-plane scanner/scale is an imaging-based bioptic solution that will help customers quickly checkout at supermarkets, hypermarkets, mass merchandisers, discount stores and warehouse clubs. With its modular design and embedded customer side scanner for expanded functionality, this POS device allows cost-conscious retailers to scan 1D and 2D bar codes and engage with shoppers’ smartphones.
- With the demands on network bandwidth dramatically increasing, Motorola’s 802.11ac access points will help store associates and shoppers access high-bandwidth applications such as mobile video and streaming media applications. The AP 8232 and AP 8132 will enable integrated location and security sensing for mobile commerce applications to help connect shoppers in retail stores.
- With Motorola’s Environmental Monitoring Sensor for the AP 8232 and AP 8132, retailers can capture lighting, motion, temperature and humidity environmental data to automatically conserve power to reduce costs and create a “greener” store.
- The RFD5500 UHF RFID sled instantly can add RFID functionality to the MC55N0, MC55A0, MC65 and MC67 mobile computers, creating lightweight, rugged, handheld RFID readers that deliver fast read rates and improved productivity for retail storefronts and warehouses. The RFD5500 sled also offers a unique combination of intuitive audible and visual cues to quickly guide a store worker to the precise location of any desired item.
- RhoMobile Suite 4.0 is Motorola’s set of next generation cross-platform development tools that help retailers mobilize their workers, no matter what OS, device or technology is in their hands. Developers can write, integrate, host and manage applications that work across platforms -- including new support for iOS7 and Windows Phone 8 -- on both consumer and enterprise devices.
Paul Steinberg, chief technology officer, Motorola Solutions
“At NRF 2014, Motorola Solutions and its ecosystem of partners will define and demonstrate how retail technology enhances the omni-channel experience and improves associate efficiency. With Motorola’s focus on practical innovation and a multitude of successful deployments involving solutions such as the MP6000 multi-plane scanner, MC40 enterprise mobile computer, ET1 tablet and SB1 smart badge, retailers can fulfill shoppers’ desire to shop via any channel – in-store, online or mobile -- and help them receive their purchases when, where and how they’d like them.”
Motorola NRF Website: Motorola Solutions NRF 2014
Website: Motorola Solutions Retail Solutions
Website: Motorola Solutions Retail Press Kit
Twitter: Motorola Solutions Retail
Facebook: Motorola Solutions
MOTOROLA, MOTO, MOTOROLA SOLUTIONS and the Stylized M Logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Motorola Trademark Holdings, LLC and are used under license. Android is a trademark of Google, Inc. The Bluetooth trademarks are owned by their proprietor and used by Motorola under license. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. ©2014 Motorola Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.