Lincolnshire, Ill. – April 13, 2015 – Zebra Technologies Corporation (NASDAQ: ZBRA), a global leader in products and services that provide real-time visibility into organisations' assets, people and transactions, released survey results finding that nearly all (97 percent) surveyed organisations agree that the Internet of Things (IoT) will be the most strategic technological initiative their organisation will undertake this decade. Zebra will discuss the significance of the survey findings this week at the Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS) 2015 conference in Chicago at Booth #2619 in the South Hall at McCormick Place in Chicago.
IoT SURVEY KEY FINDINGS
- The survey, conducted in October 2014 by Forrester Consulting on behalf of Zebra Technologies, showed that 90 percent of healthcare IT departments are prepared to make the necessary changes to implement IoT solutions.
- 52 percent of all respondents already have some form of IoT solution in place or are in the process of implementing an IoT solution, while another 30 percent have plans to do so within the next year.
- Most respondents expect IoT solutions to provide real-time operational data - creating a safer work environment with greater regulatory compliance, improved operations and an enhanced patient experience.
- More than 70 percent of respondents cited Wi-Fi as the most important technology for enabling IoT solutions. Real-time locating systems (RTLS), security sensors and barcodes were also noted for their importance.
- Healthcare decision makers listed security solutions, cloud services and data analytics as the most important IoT solutions for their industry.
HIMSS KEY FACTS
- Zebra will be a Foundation Sponsor within the Intelligent Health Pavilion and will demonstrate patient care, supply chain management and staff communications solutions.
- On Tuesday, April 14, at 1:30 p.m., Laurie Eldridge-Shanaman, director, global practice at Zebra Technologies will present Zebra’s solutions in Booth #6656 of the Intelligent Health Pavilion.
- On Wednesday, April 15, at 1 p.m., Eldridge-Shanaman will participate in the Intelligent Hospital Association’s panel discussion on technology trends in the industry in Booth #6656 of the Intelligent Health Pavilion.
Laurie Eldridge-Shanaman, director, Global Healthcare Practice at Zebra Technologies
“The Internet of Things offers unparalleled opportunities for the industry. From enabling physicians to accurately track a patient’s health over time to better managing patient data across the continuum, IoT can advance the industry by providing visibility and process optimization to enhance the patient experience. At HIMSS 2015, Zebra will demonstrate how IoT solutions, as just one part of enterprise asset intelligence, deliver vital information necessary to make better decisions at the bedside and improve outcomes.”
Blog: Zebra Releases 2014 Forrester Study
Facebook: Zebra Technologies
Download the full PDF.
Download the healthcare Infographic.
About Zebra Technologies
Zebra (NASDAQ: ZBRA) makes businesses as smart and connected as the world we live in. Zebra tracking and visibility solutions transform the physical to digital, creating the data streams enterprises need to simplify operations, know more about their businesses, and empower their mobile workforces. For more information, visit www.zebra.com/possibilities.
Industry Analyst Relations Contact:
Zebra Technologies, Zebra and the Zebra logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Zebra Technologies Corporation and are used under license. Third-party trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners. ©2015 Zebra Technologies Corporation. All rights reserved.