LINCOLNSHIRE, Ill. – Nov. 18, 2015 – Zebra Technologies Corporation (NASDAQ: ZBRA), a global leader in solutions and services that provide real-time visibility into organisations’ assets, people and transactions, today introduced its most powerful and advanced vehicle-mount computer, the new Windows 10-ready VC80. Featuring full Microsoft Windows, the VC80 virtually extends any PC-based application to material-handling vehicle operators requiring mobile access to desktop applications that improve productivity.
The ultra-rugged VC80 is easy to install on forklifts, clamp trucks, yard mules and cranes and is built to operate in the toughest indoor and outdoor environments including warehouses, distribution centres, airports, seaports and railway yards. Manufacturers, distributors and transportation and logistics (T&L) organisations can use the VC80’s wireless capabilities to seamlessly connect to the host system while roaming - making it the ideal solution for receiving, picking, packing, shipping, cross-dock and replenishment applications. This combination of features enables organisations to run their business more efficiently by connecting mobile workers to back-end systems, providing visibility to floor operations.
- The VC80 features the full Microsoft Windows Embedded Standard 7 or Windows 7 Professional operating system (OS) and can be used as a stationary computer off a conveyor system, a dock door or as a mobile workstation kiosk.
- With a field-replaceable touchscreen and keypad, the VC80 is repairable right on the spot – eliminating trips to the service depot and maximizing device availability.
- Optimised for freezer or cold storage environments with its unique system of smart temperature sensors that control heaters for protection against internal and external condensation, the VC80 also includes a heated touchscreen to help improve mobile worker productivity and reduce downtime.
- Featuring multiple mounting options, including an optional quick-release mount, the VC80 is easy to install and remove, and it’s built to withstand continuous operations in industrial environments providing businesses with greater efficiencies during scheduled and unplanned maintenance.
- The VC80 can easily be equipped with a deployment-ready mobile solution to connect to Zebra mobile printers and handheld scanners, enabling businesses to collect business-critical information and print with ease.
- Zebra OneCare Essential Services can significantly reduce unforeseen repair expenses for the VC80 by providing device diagnostics and coverage for normal wear and tear, as well as accidental damage to internal and external components.
Joe White, vice president, Enterprise Mobile Computing, Zebra Technologies
“With the new VC80 vehicle-mount mobile computer, Zebra Technologies is reinforcing its commitment to provide the mobile technology necessary to help businesses and their employees work more efficiently. The VC80 strengthens Zebra’s legacy of creating innovative mobile computing solutions for the most rugged environments, coldest supply chains and brightest surroundings. From rugged wearable and handheld mobile computers to fixed mount computers, Zebra Technologies is committed to meeting and exceeding the industrial computing needs of global organisations.”
Learn more about Zebra: Zebra Technologies
Learn more about the VC80: Zebra Vehicle-Mount Computers
Follow Zebra on Facebook: Zebra Technologies
Follow Zebra on Twitter: @ZebraTechnology
About Zebra Technologies
Zebra (NASDAQ: ZBRA) makes businesses as smart and connected as the world we live in. Zebra tracking and visibility solutions transform the physical to digital, creating the data streams enterprises need to simplify operations, know more about their businesses, and empower their mobile workforces. For more information, visit www.zebra.com.
Industry Analyst Contact:
Zebra Technologies, Zebra and the Zebra logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Zebra Technologies Corporation and are used under license. Microsoft and Windows are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation. Third-party trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners. ©2015 Zebra Technologies Corporation. All rights reserved.