Description: A print command, a FEED button has been pressed, or you are printing; and the printer can not detect media in the print path.
Possible Cause 1: There is no media (roll) in the printer.
- Resolution: Load your chosen media in the printer and close the printer. You may need to press the FEED button once or the PAUSE button the get the printer to resume your print operation.
Possible Cause 2: Open the printer: If there is a missing label on the roll between two labels at the end of a roll of labels, then this is the method used by the label roll manufacture to identify the end of the roll.
- Resolution: Replace the empty media roll and continue printing. Do not power the print off or you will loose your print job.
Possible Cause 3: Misaligned media sensor.
- Resolution: Check the position of the media sensor. The printer may need to be calibrated for the media after the adjusting the sensor location.
Possible Cause 4: The printer is set for noncontinuous (labels or black mark) media, but continuous media is loaded.
- Resolution: Check the position of the media sensor is in the center default location. The printer may need to be calibrated for the media after the adjusting the sensor location.
Possible Cause 5: The media sensor is dirty.
- Resolution: Clean the Upper Web (Gap) Sensor Array and the lower Movable Media sensors. Reload your media, adjust the Movable Media sensor’s position for your media, and recalibrate the printer for the media.
Possible Cause 6: The media sensing is not working. Possible data corruption of memory or faulty components.
- Resolution: Update the firmware in case of memory corruption.
- Resolution: Sensor circuit component failure. Call service technician.