- by: Your Edge Contributor
- Sep 21, 2023
- Here's what you need to know before you start trying to integrate your barcode scanners, RFID readers, mobile computers and other automated data capture devices with your ERP system.
Hoping to Automatically Capture Data from Barcode Scanners, RFID Readers, and Mobile Computers and Feed It into Your ERP?
- by: Tom McNeela
- Sep 8, 2023
- Data shows worker productivity is increasingly disrupted by failing mobile device batteries
Do Not Get Caught Off-Guard, or Offline: Have a (Battery) Back-Up Plan
- by: Adam Arruda
- Jul 25, 2023
- We’ve added some new functionality to Zebra DNA Cloud as requested so you can more easily manage your workforce mobility solutions, including Workstation Connect.
Four New Ways You Can Use Zebra DNA Cloud (Whether or Not You Have an EMM)
- by: Wayne Miller
- Jul 20, 2023
- Each day, we’re finding that one particular technology can solve more and more healthcare-related problems, such as instrument sterility. Find out what it is and what’s driving these rapid discoveries.
Is There Really a Magic Wand for Healthcare Providers? One Hospital Program Director Says, “Yes!”
- by: Jim Witherspoon
- Jul 5, 2023
- Between the expanding capabilities of machine vision systems, maturity of deep learning OCR, and modularity of industrial automation systems, you have an opportunity to de-risk your operations and meet SLAs with ease.
Industrial Automation Insider: One Expert Explains How Machine Vision Systems are Changing – and How They’ll Change Your Perception of Your Business
- by: Lorna Hopkin
- Jun 22, 2023
- It’s never good when your blood is boiling. But it’s worse when blood samples are spoiled, and no one knows it.
How to Check If Blood Samples Stayed Chilled Out in Transit
- by: Oliver Ledgard
- Jun 20, 2023
- ID checks, citation issuance and incident reporting require data precision. Yet, records systems are rife with typos. That’s why more agencies are taking a second look at OCR technology.
What Most Police Officers, Parking Enforcers, Border Agents and Other Public Safety Officials are Missing at Traffic Stops, Checkpoints and Incident Scenes
- by: Your Edge Blog Team
- May 18, 2023
- It could be a win-win to let employees use personal devices on the clock. However, more businesses are starting to backtrack on BYOD. Why? Hear both sides of the story.
Ask the Expert: Do the Benefits of a BYOD Workforce Mobility Strategy Outweigh the Risks?
- by: Your Edge Blog Team
- May 17, 2023
- The RFID tag is not the next evolution of the barcode. It is technology you should treat as complementary to barcodes. Here’s why.
Why It's Wrong to Think of RFID as a Barcode Replacement
- by: William Corns
- Apr 19, 2023
- Kirby Best, CEO of Bespoke Manufacturing Company, explains how robots, machine vision systems, and people are working together to help up-and-coming apparel designers make their break in a wallet and environmentally friendly way.
Industrial Automation Insider: Here’s Proof of What Automation Can Do – and How Flexible Manufacturing Can Be – in the Fashion World
- by: Nader Newman
- Apr 11, 2023
- There’s far more to consider than the “total cost of ownership,” and consistency is worth more than anything when it comes to wireless connectivity in the workplace, says one mobility expert.
Still Not Sure if Private 5G is Better Than Wi-Fi? You Might Not Be Assessing the “Value” of Each Correctly
- by: Alex Fryer
- Apr 5, 2023
- If your employees transition between multiple roles each day, you need to consolidate their “profiles” onto a single device so they can flip between tasks and teams faster. Here’s how.