This press release was issued by Motorola Solutions Enterprise business prior to its acquisition by Zebra Technologies on Oct. 27, 2014.
New CS4070 wireless scanner brings enterprise-grade scanning to Android, iOS and Windows smartphones and tablets
SCHAUMBURG, Ill. – Aug. 4, 2014 – Mobile workers are often challenged with using consumer-grade cameras for scan-intensive enterprise-grade applications, resulting in lost productivity for the worker and organisation. Motorola Solutions, Inc. (NYSE: MSI) today introduced the new Symbol CS4070 wireless handheld Bluetooth® scanner that can easily pair with any Bluetooth-enabled tablet, smartphone or laptop to provide enterprise-class 1D and 2D bar code scanning. The CS4070 works with all of today’s popular Android, iOS and Windows tablets, laptops and smartphones. And the integrated MFI chip and Apple certification ensure compatibility with all Apple mobile devices, including the iPhone and iPad.
- The pocket-sized CS4070 scanner is one of the smallest and lightest devices in its class and is ergonomically designed to be worn on a lanyard around the neck or fit naturally in the hand for all-day comfort, ensuring no-fatigue scanning for even the most scan-intensive applications. The field-replaceable battery also holds enough power for a full 12-hour shift and an LED indicator lets workers know how much charge is left.
- The CS4070 can scan bar codes both near and far and omni-directional scanning eliminates the need to align the scanner with the bar code.
- The affordable CS4070 companion scanner can quickly capture virtually any bar code with Motorola’s most advanced imaging engine - whether it is displayed on the screen of a mobile phone or printed on paper and damaged, scratched or dirty. Green and red light indicators can also be mixed and matched with audio to provide scanning feedback in any environment.
- Retailers, transportation and logistics and field service organisations can use the durable CS4070 companion scanner for mobile point-of-sale (MPOS), merchandising, end-to-end track and trace, real-time ordering, route accounting, inventory management, and repair service.
- Motorola’s Service from the Start Advance Exchange support provides coverage for normal wear and tear as well as accidental breakage and can prevent unexpected repair costs.
Bob Sanders, senior vice president of Data Capture Solutions, Motorola Solutions
“Integrated consumer-grade camera bar code scanning found in mobile devices is not only slow and cumbersome but it also requires a perfect label – reducing the scanning productivity of employees and diminishing the return on investment. Now, businesses can get the best of both worlds with the new CS4070 companion scanner – using the mobile device that their organisation requires with true enterprise-class scanning that meets the needs of real business applications.”
Richa Gupta, senior analyst, VDC Research
“VDC’s research shows that enterprises are ramping up their adoption of consumer-grade mobile solutions for everyday operations, particularly in retail and field service environments. However, their built-in cameras are not designed to support scan-intensive applications. With its CS4070 companion scanner, Motorola Solutions is directly addressing a clear need in the marketplace for ergonomic, purpose-built scanners that fit in with these intuitive and aesthetically appealing devices.”
Website: Symbol CS4070
Website: Motorola Solutions Bar Code Scanners
Facebook: Motorola Solutions
MOTOROLA, MOTOROLA SOLUTIONS and the Stylized M Logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Motorola Trademark Holdings, LLC and are used under license. Android is a trademark of Google, Inc. Apple® and iOS® are registered trademarks of Apple Computer, Inc. Microsoft, Windows and Windows CE are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and other countries. Additional company and product names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of the individual companies and are respectfully acknowledged. ©2014 Motorola Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.