LINCOLNSHIRE, Ill. – Jan. 9, 2015 – Zebra Technologies Corporation (NASDAQ: ZBRA), a global leader in products and services that provide real-time visibility into organisations’ assets, people and transactions, today announced the winners of its National Retail Federation (NRF) 2015 booth window design competition. Zebra commissioned proposals from Fashion Institute of Technology (FIT) students in the Visual Presentation and Exhibition Design programme, challenging them to design store-like window displays for Zebra’s NRF booth that visually represent the strength of the business. In 2014, Motorola Solutions’ Enterprise business, now a part of Zebra Technologies, conducted the inaugural window contest with FIT students, giving them a rare opportunity to showcase their work to thousands of members of the retail design community.
- 34 FIT students majoring in Visual Presentation and Exhibition Design were invited to join the competition focused on designing the “store windows” for Zebra’s NRF booth.
- The students worked in teams to develop retail store-like window displays for the Zebra booth that visually represented the strength of the newly combined Zebra Technologies and Motorola Solutions’ Enterprise Business.
- The four winning window designs and student designers are:
- “Gears” uses the basic form of a gear to show how parts work together. By placing multiple gears in a specific formation, all working in unison, you get a machine that can accomplish many tasks. Designed by Lilli Risler and Sean Scott.
- “Kaleidoscope” is a way to show that “the whole is greater than the sum of its parts.” As Zebra and Motorola Solutions’ Enterprise Business come together, they are creating a more powerful single entity dedicated to driving productivity for businesses. Designed by Arielle Casale and Katrina Merz.
- “Lenticular” design is when two separate images create a single uniform graphic. This concept parallels with two companies coming together as one. Designed by Brittany Broetsky, Dina Stolstein and Kathryn Nishimoto.
- “Newsflash” leverages the superhero plot line to combine two powerful forces “Zebra Man” and “Enterprise Woman.” These two heroes protect a city together as one powerful unit. Designed by Oonagh Tunney, Dana Notine and Kawa Diwa.
- Zebra marketing professionals shared their experiences in B2B marketing and served as consultants to the students.
- Approximately 30,000 retail industry professionals attending NRF will see the students’ designs.
- NRF will be held Jan. 11-14, 2015, at the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center in New York City.
Craig Berger, chair, Visual Presentation and Exhibition Design, Fashion Institute of Technology
“We would like to thank Zebra Technologies for supporting our students and providing them with the opportunity to showcase their creativity in such a unique way. This competition allowed our students to work on a company’s brand identity, which is something that will serve them well as they progress in their careers. We are proud of this year’s entries and appreciate the partnership we have with Zebra Technologies.”
Peter Ribolzi, global brand marketing lead, Zebra Technologies
“The Zebra NRF booth window competition gives FIT students a chance to gain exposure as the next generation of innovative design professionals, and it allows them to see how a business’ creative branding process evolves. We applaud this year’s winners and all of the talented students who participated and thank FIT for their passion for this project.”
Website: Zebra Technologies
Facebook: Zebra Technologies
FIT is a State University of New York (SUNY) college of art, design, business, and technology that has been at the crossroads of commerce and creativity for 70 years. With programmes that blend hands-on practice, a strong grounding in theory, and a broad-based liberal arts foundation, FIT offers career education in nearly 50 areas, and grants associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees. FIT provides students with a complete college experience at an affordable cost, a vibrant campus life in New York City, and industry-relevant preparation for rewarding careers. Visit fitnyc.edu.
About Zebra Technologies
Zebra (NASDAQ: ZBRA) makes businesses as smart and connected as the world we live in. Zebra tracking and visibility solutions transform the physical to digital, creating the data streams enterprises need to simplify operations, know more about their businesses, and empower their mobile workforces. For more information, visit www.zebra.com/possibilities.
Download the full PDF.
Industry Analyst Relations Contact: