EuroCIS 2015 – Düsseldorf, Germany – Feb. 24, 2015 – Zebra Technologies Corporation (NASDAQ: ZBRA), a global leader in products and services that provide real-time visibility into organizations’ assets, people and transactions, today introduced the Symbol DS7708 2D vertical slot scanner. The compact DS7708 is easy to install and ideal for wide variety of applications including food retailers (grocery stores, supermarkets, hypermarkets), specialty retailers (Do-It-Yourself, hardware, pet supplies) and pharmacies where it can help improve efficiency and customer service at the point of sale.
- The DS7708 can capture virtually any barcode (1D/2D displayed on mobile devices or printed labels) even if the codes are damaged, poorly printed or dirty.
- Zebra’s PRZM imaging technology resets the bar for 2D imaging by improving decode performance and snappiness, dramatically improving the user experience, user productivity, throughput and wait times.
- High swipe speeds allow store associates to pass barcodes quickly in front of the scanner - dramatically improving the and reducing customer waiting times.
- The DS7708 can automatically deactivate electronic article surveillance (EAS) tags that help reduce theft.
- With the DS7708, cashiers can easily take a picture of a check or ID card to meet store requirements or industry regulations.
- A recessed scan window is protected from marks and scratches that can impair performance. In addition, connectors and scanning components are located toward the top of the unit, preventing it from being damaged by splashes and spills.
- The DS7708 supports over 90 international keyboards and utilizes auto-detect cables and Zebra’s 123 Scan2 utility for fast and easy deployment.
Bob Sanders, senior vice president, Data Capture Solutions and Engineering Shared Services, Zebra Technologies
“Retailers need barcode imagers that are easy for store associates to use and highly accurate for reading damaged or poorly printed barcodes. The cost-effective DS7708 delivers a range of smart technologies that can help retailers quickly deploy the solution while also reducing checkout lines and enhancing customer service.”
About Zebra Technologies
Zebra makes businesses as smart and connected as the world we live in. Zebra tracking and visibility solutions transform the physical to digital, creating the data streams enterprises need to simplify operations, know more about their businesses, and empower their mobile workforces.
Media and Industry Analyst Contact:
Zebra Technologies, Zebra and the Zebra logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Zebra Technologies Corporation and are used under license. Third-party trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners. ©2015 Zebra Technologies Corporation. All rights reserved.